Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

31764_1459561534764_1405182427_1216721_4641368_n.jpg

I agree tall flyers are beautiful in the air but are nightmares in basket tosses!!!
hahah i hate doing baskets!

Does you gym have them?
Do you like taller flyers better than shorter flyers?
Think...Erica Englebert compared to Maddie Gardner. Both amazingly talented, but just differnt body types. All opinions welcome:)
Six foot or three, if a flyer is good and can hit skills we will put them in the air. I've never really focused on short or tall but I do like to have taller flyers in the middle of pyramids.

I'm 5"4 and weigh 112 pounds. I am a flyer/base in routines and fly in partner stunt as well. I've only been doing cheer for around 2 and a half years now and am at level 3. I do get jealous of the smaller flyers because it is easier for bases to lift/toss them but everyone is right on here. Watching taller flyers is wonderful because their lines are beautiful. My bases don't find it scary to base me, and my partner stunt partner also says he likes basing me because it feels like he's not cheating with someone smaller/lighter and it's more impressive to have a normal/taller flyer. He based a 5"7 flyer last year when I was injured and she looked so pretty in the air. Flexibility definitely plays a big role, and there's not much point being a flyer if you aren't flexible because it's too limiting. I love basket tosses! Especially toe touch/double downs. I'm usually taller than my bases, but they are tanks :p

i have had a few tall flyers in the past, and if they known how to work with their body and use it to their advantage with stunting and jumps rather than as an excuse and disadvantage they can be really good! sometimes they may look akward but with their long legs and arms, baskets and stretches can look 10x better than a regular flyer!

Does you gym have them?
Do you like taller flyers better than shorter flyers?
Think...Erica Englebert compared to Maddie Gardner. Both amazingly talented, but just differnt body types. All opinions welcome:)
Everyone expects tall flyers to be extremely heavy, but they aren't if they know how to hold their weight! My best friend on my team is the tallest flyer but shes also the most advanced! Don't downgrade your flyer automatically because of their height! They may surprise you ;)

Everyone expects tall flyers to be extremely heavy, but they aren't if they know how to hold their weight! My best friend on my team is the tallest flyer but shes also the most advanced! Don't downgrade your flyer automatically because of their height! They may surprise you ;)

Haha I'm a flyer and I'm 5'7" so I know that! I also cheer in college so most all the girls on my team are very short!

On one of our senior squads i am the tallest flyer and almost always taller than my bases since i fly with girls most of the time. Do prefer just having a male backbase as I feel much more secure but to my knowledge my bases do like flying me cause i can hold my weight well and i naturally fly with straight legs and pointed toes. But there are some tiny flyers that do create beautiful lines in the air.
Im trying to push a few of the girls on the other senior squad to improve at flying as they have such beautiful long legs and should be given a chance!

my flyer towers over my entire stunt group. tall or short really doesn't make a huge difference to me, as long as they can hold their weight

i'm a small flyer ahah, I think tall and small flyers both look beautiful in the air! But tall flyers look more prettier in the air when they hit a scropion (if they're flexible!) I think its because there legs are longer.

Back