Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think tall flyers look better in the air, as long as they're flexible and look the part (facials etc..) But as a backspot, i'd rather have a shorter flyer as it's harder to catch taller people if they fall.

IMO every girl should have an equal chance at flying, but obviously shorter girls are more likely to fly.
longer/leaner limbs look better in the air but taller flyers can be difficult, it's all how they hold their weight.

i'm the tallest flyer on my team and i'm 5"4, loads of my friends say they prefer to base me than the girls who around 5"0 because even though i'm heavier i'm a lot stronger than them and so i can hold myself whereas they say many of the other girls are jut lazy

(IMO i love how tall flyers look in the air because if they's flexible, their lines are beautiful!)

I totally agree with everything said! I'm a REALLYY tall, thin, leggy (5ft 6, 102 pounds, and my legs are extremely long) and I personally like the look of tall flyers better but bases/backspots seem to complain more when basing a taller girl even though she my weigh less than a shorter flyer. I'm the tallest flyer and all the other flyers on my squad are really short (about 5ft 1 or 5ft 2). Not saying that short flyers aren't good, but IMO I love watching tall flyers more.

I love tall fliers too. Espically when there legs go on for days

Everyone expects tall flyers to be extremely heavy, but they aren't if they know how to hold their weight! My best friend on my team is the tallest flyer but shes also the most advanced! Don't downgrade your flyer automatically because of their height! They may surprise you ;)
Amen, sista!

I don't think it's a matter of tall or short.. more like their body type and how it looks compared to the other flyers and bases. Sometimes it could look awkward if all the flyers are taller than the backspots, but it all depends!

I went from basing the tallest flyer on the team to the shortest (probably like 5'5 to 4'10), and it scared me at first... Like, we cradled and I reached my arm out really far and freaked out when super long legs weren't there to catch. I like the set up we have with our flyers, where we have three short flyers and a tall one in the middle/back. It just looks really pretty and balanced to me.

We had a 5 foot 9 inch flyer. When she went up, everyone noticed because she was tall and had waving blonde hair, a real show stopper with a killer smile.

Being tall really doesn't matter IMO, if they can hit the it, that's all that matters.

I love tall flyers! If they are tight and have straight legs their lines are gorgeous! But if they aren't tight you can tell very easily. But overall I think they look really pretty in the air!

In my opinion, tall flyers look so much better in the air, and are more flexible most times, just think, kelcie burch is taller and her needle is so pretty in the air, while Erica gayle is an amazing flyer, she doesn't look as good or as clean in the air. However, being short makes it easier on the bases and back spot especially.

Back