Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like how tall fliers look! Their lines are beautiful, as almost everyone said. But with shorter fliers I feel more in control as a base. It's like.... I don't know how to explain it but I feel like I have more control when they're shorter. I guess it might be because I'm strong and so I often get stuck with the flyers who aren't tight, with a short girl you can kind of shove her back up there but with taller girls it's a little harder because the backspot probably can't reach their butt until they're farther down than with a shorter girl (because their legs are long). But if a taller girl can stay tight I love basing them, and I absolutelly love watching them in the air!

One of our tops is about an inch taller than me (she's maybe 5'7) but as skinny as a toothpick. She's beautiful to watch in the air because of her lines, but wow is it scary to back cos the stunt is never ending!! She's a good top too, so it's not scary cos of her, just how tall everything gets when it's extended!! So I will admit that while I prefer to watch taller flyers, I prefer to back the shorter ones. :)

I am 5'8 and I usually back, but since I am the only one on my hs team with a scorpion I got to fly a scorpion and a scale at the west coast classic in Burma park this march. However, I'm the tallest one on my team so that was and will be the only time I get to fly, because my hs coaches can't seem to see past the height.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I agree with all the above,

Taller flyers just looks so much better if they can work it, for example a flyer with longer legs doing a needle usually looks so much prettier than a girl with shorter legs, but it all depends on what the girl can hit, regardless of her shape.

I mean I think it's bad that some of the bigger girls that are more flexible are pushed to one side to say they can't fly, just because they weigh a little bit more. IMO the bases should just get stronger! xD
I agree tall flyers look beautiful when they really know what they are doing. The body structure they have is nice. I do agree though there are girls who have crazy flexibility but are not given the chance to show it off.

I agree that tall flyers have beautiful long lines and can make the stunt look very elegant. However I think that shorter flyers are much easier to toss.
For our team, we had both short and tall flyers and it worked out fine. The only problem, I guess you could call it that, was that our coaches wanted all the stunt groups to be roughly the same height so at the beginning of every season they would pair tall flyers with shorter bases and short flyers with taller bases.

Back