Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I totally agree...some gyms just use short girls to fly because they think they will stay up better when taller flyers with more flexibility look way better in the air!!! Sometimes the shorter girls depend too much on their bases to hold them up and it looks awkward!

my flyers taller than me, i primary base and i'm only 5ft... but its a pet peeve of mine when senior teams have 6 year olds flying...

I agree with a lot of the above...tall flyers are just beautiful in the air, the long legs (with good flexibility) make skills that are pulled look so dramatic

I think both sizes have something to offer...the lines on taller flyers if they hit are as others have posted absolutely beautiful. However if the teams are not sized properly smaller flyers would probably be the choice for most back spots and bases. I personally prefer the one, regardless of size who can do what is needed in the air... Who ever hits, is who deserves to fly! I would also think that a teams routine would have something to do with the type of person needed in the flyer spot.

I love tall flyers too, like everyone else :) Or, I love long legs!! Haha. Tall flyers often have to work harder because they're tall. If they're sloppy and don't do their work they usually get replaced. And like all tall flyers are flexible? Haha almost!

Last year we had one flyer who's 5'8 at our gym. So amazing! The tallest flyer in my team now is like 5'3.

I coach a varsity team and we dont have any! I wish we did because I think when a girls legs are longer it makes everything look more appealing to the eye!

One of the best girls I ever based (Im a back) was my height and I'm almost 5'9! I think what makes the difference is the flyers' abilities and technique. If they are 5 feet but fly like a rock, I would definitely take the taller flyer anyday.

Tall flyers look sooo pretty in the air when they're flexible.
And I hate it when a tall girl can fly with actually good technique but some little girl with no body control is put up instead just cause she's smaller. I think flyers should be determined by their skill. Not their size. Unless of course they're TOO big to put up.

agreed! I hate when coaches pick fliers because of size.

i agree with that.i really think that the taller the flyer the better it looks in the air. but tall girls are hard to flip[ and are also heavier. it all really depends on the bases too bc you cant have al tall flyer with super short stunt group.:)

I like both. I have one daugther who is very tall for a flyer, and one who is several inches shorter. I think the taller girls look more like dancers in the air, and the shorter girls look like gymnasts in the air. As long as they can fly well and are flexible it should be "all good:.

Back