Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really like how tall flyers look

I'm a flyer and I'm 5'6 haha and I'm only 12
shorter girls can look good too it just mostly depends on flexibility

i agree with that.i really think that the taller the flyer the better it looks in the air. but tall girls are hard to flip[ and are also heavier. it all really depends on the bases too bc you cant have al tall flyer with super short stunt group.:)

both my bases are several inches shorter then me hahaha. if you look at my group. you definitely wouldnt look at me pick me out as the flyer.

I love,love,love tall flyers, but sometimes if you have someone too short to base with the others, the only option is to fly them. That's not always the best solution, but what can you do...

ALLL of our flyers in the senior elite squad are amazing!! I am a flyer for SE and i'm 5'9.. Our flyers are short, tall and medium. Just as long as they look great and know what theyre doing i dont think it matters how tall or short they are.

*But i do think that tall flyers look better in the air!! :D

on my team we have one tall flyer! really flexable! but no1 can really base her except me lol but all my other flyers are half hersize lol
but love tall flyers!

i wish more taller girls would fly, but in order to do so you need some beasty bases because with length theres more to catch. You can't put in experienced bases under tall flyers either. That's why I think more gyms tend to go with younger girls to fly, because they may not have enough strong experienced bases, and high baskets and stuck stunts look better than struggling with a tall flyer. If you are going to go with a tall flyer do it right

Does anyone know about tall flyers in college level cheer? Im 5'4 but im one of the lightest girls on my team so i have flown alot however, i can also backspot, but im definitly not as strong as most so it can be hard. its my DREAM to cheer in college and i still have a few years but which one should i pursue? flying or backspotting or both?

haha you can probably guess what I think when you see my name... i'm a pretty tall flyer, 166 cm. i'm taller than both my bases, but i think that my backspot is like 5cm taller than me.

tall girls def look great in the air, but logistically, their a nightmare to do transitional stunts with, i have to jack the groups under my tall flyers just to keep them up.

Back