Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IMO I dont reallly think it matters as long as they are flexiable and can do the stunt!! really when you sit in the crowd you can't really tell the difference from a 5ft 3 flyer vs a 5ft 6 flyer. The only way you can tell if they have super super super long legs and somtimes flyers with long legs there body positions look wierd for emaple in a front stretch there leg is way high than there head.

IMO, I think it depends on the flyer. I'm a back spot and a base, and I would don't really care about height, depends on how they can control their body and their flexibility. Someone isn't going to get to fly just because there short. And vice versa. If you are really flexible, then you look good in the air.

IMO, I think it depends on the flyer. I'm a back spot and a base, and I would don't really care about height, depends on how they can control their body and their flexibility. Someone isn't going to get to fly just because there short. And vice versa. If you are really flexible, then you look good in the air.

Meant to say I don't really care...,
not I would don't. Haha:)

I told my flyer today that I would rather have her over the other flyers because even though she's the biggest/tallest flyer, she's the only one who really squeezes and holds herself up. I also love not so much height in flyers, but long legs. Body positions look gorgeous with super long legged girls!

I'm a fan of taller flyers (just because Im one of those, haha, Im 5'3 ^^). The problem however, at least here in Sweden, is that almost everyone think that the flyers need to be around 5' to work up there. Imo, its more the technique skills, rather than the size that matters =)

TALL ftw. I LOVE basketing with tall girls too, in my oppinion they look 100x better, and I like having something to push against in baskets<3

I think that taller girls look better in the air. Having longer legs makes their stretches much prettier. and imo they actually look more flexible for some reason. but it seems like shorter girls have prettier double downs, not always though. and they are usually easier to flip in pyramids

i do agree tall flyers look amazing... even though im 4"9 lol but thats ok :p They just make the whole stunt look amazing !

I'd just like to say I think it's funny that we consider 5'3" "tall". I'm 5'3" and - outside of cheerleading - am the shortest one everywhere I go. Cheerleaders are a tiny group.

It's all relative.

my team has all tall flyers. Personally i like tall flyers in the air better becasue of the way look. Personally i think shortef flyers just look ockward. (Thats not trying to be mean thats just how i feel);)

Back