OT Tattoos In Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 15, 2012
Yesterday I got a tattoo on the inside of my wrist. It's a magenta lightning bolt (Harry Potter style), about an inch and a half long. As a college flyer, I was just curious to see how many other college cheerleaders have tattoos and/or other cheerleaders' opinions of them!

Don't mind them as long as they're covered during games and appearances. Drives me nuts if they're not covered...
I agree. My team has long-sleeved uniforms, plus I'm planning on putting a flesh-colored bandaid over it in case the sleeve rides up.

We have a policy where tattoo's have to be covered on my college team, which I totally agree with.
I saw one college cheerleader with a big tattoo on her upper arm. She totally stuck out and I kept looking at her because the tattoo was so distracting! I couldn't even tell what it was, but it being there just attracted all the attention to her.
Same with dyed hair (as in NOT natural colors) - in high school there was a girl with pink in her hair at a competition, and it's all I looked at.

We have a policy where tattoo's have to be covered on my college team, which I totally agree with.
I saw one college cheerleader with a big tattoo on her upper arm. She totally stuck out and I kept looking at her because the tattoo was so distracting! I couldn't even tell what it was, but it being there just attracted all the attention to her.
Same with dyed hair (as in NOT natural colors) - in high school there was a girl with pink in her hair at a competition, and it's all I looked at.
My junior year we had to move up a girl from JV for nationals because a girl got kicked off Varsity, and the JV girl had pink in her hair. We told our coach that she should tell her that she have to dye it back because it looked trashy (sorry not sorry) and hello, pink totally clashed with our burgundy uniforms! Lol. But she said no because it would be rude and blah blah. Whenever I see someone with unnatural hair colors it's all I look at during the routine so I totally agree with you.

Reactions: Ems
In college anyone with a tattoo that wasn't covered by the uniform had to cover it. One of the guys had one on his calf, he would cover it with an ace bandage. A few of the girls had lower back ones (we wore crops) and they used that Dermablend makeup.

I cheered with a girl in college who had a bunch of tattoos. She's on NCA staff now and wears a sleeve over one arm because of it. She always did a good job of covering it up, and I think that's easier to do now that a lot of college teams are moving away from crop top uniforms.

i have a full sleeve and even competed in a sports bra on Maryland twisters lady ts and used a whole bottle of cover up lol
11kh92u.jpg

I think it distracts from the whole team if it's a large, noticable tattoo. Same goes for wild dyed hair. Super dper distracting. One of the (midde school) girls I coach has some pink streaks in her hair. I'm hoping she'll re-dye them before competition, cause they are driving me inasne!

i have a full sleeve and even competed in a sports bra on Maryland twisters lady ts and used a whole bottle of cover up lol
11kh92u.jpg

no way.. what brand was the cover up? no matter what i put over my tattoo, it shows through the makeup.

The guys on our teams have far too many tattoos to bother covering up since that would be far too long and theyd sweat it all off anyway!
Theres a few girls that do have tattoos but they arent distracting, I do think that girls having them across their stomach/ankles is distracting (especially in croptops) and thats all you look at so those should be covered up.
Personally mine are covered by the uniform so thats lucky!

11kh92u.jpg
no way.. what brand was the cover up? no matter what i put over my tattoo, it shows through the makeup.
Yes, please tell! I've used Glamoflauge by Hard Candy but there's only three shades and as good as it is, I look weird with different colored skin splotches.

And for people with hair dye troubles, ask if they would be willing to spray over it with temporary color. It washes right out and doesn't do anything to the actual dyed hair.

11kh92u.jpg
This post is from so long ago but I'm hoping you may see this and recommend a good brand of tattoo cover makeup. I have used several brands over the years for dance comps, but they never matched my skin color unless I was unnaturally tan.

This was originally posted 6 years ago and my guess is that attitudes towards tattoos have changed even in that relatively short time period.

I was in college 20-25 years ago when it started getting very popular for even fairly conservative people to get an ankle tattoo or other small artwork. Now some of those women are becoming grandmothers so it's just very common to see tattoos on people of all ages.

Last year I saw a very large thigh tattoo on an all star cheerleader at a small regional comp. I suppose she could have been 18, it was a senior 4.2 team. But the vast majority of kids at the comp were early high school age and younger. It was distracting to me.

Back