OT Tattoos In Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This was originally posted 6 years ago and my guess is that attitudes towards tattoos have changed even in that relatively short time period.

I was in college 20-25 years ago when it started getting very popular for even fairly conservative people to get an ankle tattoo or other small artwork. Now some of those women are becoming grandmothers so it's just very common to see tattoos on people of all ages.

Last year I saw a very large thigh tattoo on an all star cheerleader at a small regional comp. I suppose she could have been 18, it was a senior 4.2 team. But the vast majority of kids at the comp were early high school age and younger. It was distracting to me.
I still don't like seeing them in uniform, just like I don't like seeing wild hair colors. However, it doesn't bother me nearly as much on an all star team as it does on a collegiate team, maybe because I come from the UCA world.

I still don't like seeing them in uniform, just like I don't like seeing wild hair colors. However, it doesn't bother me nearly as much on an all star team as it does on a collegiate team, maybe because I come from the UCA world.

The vibrant hair is so common around me that I barely notice it now. After I read your post I went to Target to buy pencils and I saw 5 people with vibrant shades of pink, purple, and blue. Maybe it's a regional thing?

The vibrant hair is so common around me that I barely notice it now. After I read your post I went to Target to buy pencils and I saw 5 people with vibrant shades of pink, purple, and blue. Maybe it's a regional thing?
I totally don't mind it in real life, I just don't like it with a cheerleading uniform.

Back