OT Tattoos & piercings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Kayyy! Piercings, got ears done this summer, and I'm proud!

Tattoo wise, can I give yall some advice? Get the artist to draw out the tat, then stick it on your mirror, fridge, wardrobe etc. And look at it everyday. After 1 year, if you still love it, then consider it.

These are all the ones I'm considering :
-I want a daisy chain around my ankle (I am VERY picky about that, what I like and don't like)
-Tiny cartoonised owl on my hip to cover up this birthmark.
-3 tiny stars on each wrist. 'Be the change' just above one of them.

I NEED:
-'Look for the key with wings' I'm not going to explain this one, it's deep, but on the back of my neck.
-'I choose my own destiny' in French down my ribs. Again, not going to explain.
-And finally, I'm getting this one done on my 20th birthday, 'Live for today, because yesterday is history and tomorrow may never happen. RN 1990-2010.' In memory of my cousin, I really want that one to spiral somewhere, but I don't know where. Suggestions?

My friend got her hips pierced and theyre sooo cute! this isn't her i just found this off of google but you get the idea
ohpu38.jpg

i want my belly button done (getting it next weekend probably?)
then when im a little older i want an ouline of a heart on my lef hip...simple but cute!

Okay people...I don't want to bust all "mom" on you, but some words of advice...if you choose to get a tattoo, be very careful about what you get and where you put it! It shouldn't be right for a prospective employer to judge you based on the fact that you have ink, but they do. Keep your ink where it can be easily hidden. Also, it goes without saying that you should never tattoo a name on you unless it is a close relative or your kid's name. I know people who have done this and then regretted it. Screen your artist carefully for both artistic merit and cleanliness. Ask to see the sterilization equipment and their sanitation certificate, if it is required by your state. Believe me, you don't want hepatitis. I have a tattoo on my back just above my right hip. I find that it is a good location to show it if I want but it is easily hidden. When the artist did my original one, she messed up and colored it in wrong. I had it covered up with something better, but it is bigger and darker than I would have wanted. Be sure you communicate with your artist and that they know exactly what you want before work begins. Lastly, never get a tattoo if you are under the influence of anything!!! These things are forever!!! Happy inking!!!
Pretty much the same advice my father gave me before I got my first one! I followed his advice, got something that truly represents me, in a hideable place, and he got all upset with me because he didn't think I'd actually go through with it :D

@NJCoach what did you get? Lol

Well, the one I got after the discussion with my father is a tiger cub, on my back. Since then I have added a paw print on my right hip, a heart with angel wings in memory of my father on my right shoulder and bow on my toe :D

Well, the one I got after the discussion with my father is a tiger cub, on my back. Since then I have added a paw print on my right hip, a heart with angel wings in memory of my father on my right shoulder and bow on my toe :D

sounds adorable! can you post pics?!

LOVE the tiger!
And the one for your father.
Oh, and the paw print.

;)

haha thanks...cubby (my mother named it, even though she hates it) came first, when I was 19. I've been fascinated and obsessed with tigers since I was very very little. A year or so later, I got the paw print. (In memory of my pooch who had to be put down). I got the one for my dad 3 years later, not long after he passed away, and then got the bow on my toe a couple months after that :) Nothing for the past few years though

I always wondered, in line of the 'be careful about your tattoos': piercings? When some of y'all apply for jobs, particularly with more than 2 earlobe piercings or facial piercings..won't that be a consideration? Will you take them out for work (nevermind there being 'obvious' holes), for those with belly button rings/dermal piercings near the stomach (for the ladies), what about kids?

My sister got her belly button pierced, but she doesn't want kids. I always was curious about people spending the money on things getting pierced, especially if they're going to have to take them out eventually. It's why lots of the acting kids in my dept skipped on nose piercings/lip rings/obvious tattoos etc. It limits what you will be casted for if you show up with one..and for tats you'd have to constantly cover them up.

I always wondered, in line of the 'be careful about your tattoos': piercings? When some of y'all apply for jobs, particularly with more than 2 earlobe piercings or facial piercings..won't that be a consideration? Will you take them out for work (nevermind there being 'obvious' holes), for those with belly button rings/dermal piercings near the stomach (for the ladies), what about kids?

My sister got her belly button pierced, but she doesn't want kids. I always was curious about people spending the money on things getting pierced, especially if they're going to have to take them out eventually. It's why lots of the acting kids in my dept skipped on nose piercings/lip rings/obvious tattoos etc. It limits what you will be casted for if you show up with one..and for tats you'd have to constantly cover them up.
On 16 & Pregnant a girl got a pregnancy belly ring so the hole wouldn't close up

Back