All-Star Team Dinner In Atl For Cheersport Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Hey everyone! I'm taking my 4.2 team to Cheersport along with other teams from our gym and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where is a good place in downtown ATL to take a team for a dinner?

I've been to this competition almost every year since 2000, but just haven't really taken my teams.

Any ideas would be very helpful!

Thanks in advanced!

Justin

ohhhhh depends on your budget.

atlanta has some GREAT places to eat. what are you looking for?

Hard Rock! When I went to Cheersport in 08 I went to a team dinner (not actually my team, just my friends) and it was a lot of fun! They put us in a little private room and we celebrated the one girl's birthday. The service was quick and good. There's also a hooters across the street if the team is all older and you'd be alright with taking them there!

There was this AWESOMEEEEE 50's dinner looking restaurant that my team and I went to. I can't remember the name, but I'll post a picture of it. It was so awesome and everyone there was so sweet! We ended up going twice each weekend we went :)

*Okay clearly I was dumb and didn't take a picture of it. But I'm sure my mom will remember. I'll ask her tomorrow!!

ETA: Hard Rock and Hooters are great, but will be UNBELIEVABLY crowded. And you can find one anywhere.. If I were you, I'd pick some place that's one of a kind and something you can't go to near home.

I haven't been to Atlanta in a few years, but there are a TON of good restaurants downtown. Last time I was in town on business I ended up at a phenomenal barbeque joint, but I am completely blanking out on the name. Somebody who's been to Atlanta or is a native will have to know what I'm thinking of.

Fellini's pizza in Buckhead. It's the best pizza I have EVER had. That's my routein Cheersport dinner. It's amazing. The Pizzad are enormous too. You have to go there. It's THE BEST. If you don't want pizza there's a really famous burger joint called Vortex burgers. It's really cool. They have all kinds of meat. Anything from cow to crocodile. (I stick to the cow I'm not an adventurous eater). I highley reccomend Fellin's. I eat there all the time.

I haven't been to Atlanta in a few years, but there are a TON of good restaurants downtown. Last time I was in town on business I ended up at a phenomenal barbeque joint, but I am completely blanking out on the name. Somebody who's been to Atlanta or is a native will have to know what I'm thinking of.

Dreamland BBQ?

I did Spaghetti Warehouse with a team of 30 a few years ago...Call a month in advance and only offer 3 items and it will flow awesomely lol

I recommend the OK Cafe. Open 24 hours, southern cooking, and a unique experience!

I recommend the OK Cafe. Open 24 hours, southern cooking, and a unique experience!

Is that place good? I drive by it all the time and wonder if it is worth trying.....

And for whoever suggested The Old Spaghetti Factory.... it shut down some time this year

There is a place in mid town called Gordon Biersch. It is a microbrewery/ restaurant with a nice upstairs party room for big groups
http://www.gordonbiersch.com/brewery/

Stats is another good place and within walking distance of the gwcc. They have party rooms as well... its sort of an upscale (ish) bar and grill
http://www.statsatl.com/

Back