OT Team Group Messages

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 18, 2009
This is random! But I wanted to see what other teams used to stay in contact with their team outside of the gym?

The teams I was on at CA used the app called GROUPME and I started having my small gym teams use it as well. It is great for team bonding and having athletes get to know each other!

We use GroupMe too but it's only for parents and coaches since CP is a tiny.

We have a FB group too for pictures and such but it's rarely used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We have a parent group me for CP's youth team. Junior and senior teams include parents and athletes.

I have a Group Me for cheeleaders and parents can opt in. Most of my parents opt for email.

Group Me can get crazy with notifications when they get to chatting back and forth, so sometimes I mute it.

I don't need to know that they're all going to the movies this weekend!

Groupme for kids, fb for parents.

Groupme is usually just kids talking at length about what to wear to practice then deciding, then someone coming in asking what to wear to practice.

^^^^ yep group me for the kids but I am in a group me for an adult group for another purpose. The team moms use team snap for scheduling etc. Facebook group for larger informative posts

We use an app called "Slack" really cool in that you can categorize what you post for the group by squad. We also have a section for calendars, handbooks, demerits, academic help, fundraising...
Yes! I'm an engineering ambassador for mizzou and this is what we use! I like how you don't get notifications about everything, but if something is important that everyone needs to know you can @everyone and then they do get it. I really like Slack and I wish more things I was involved with used it (like it would be super handy for my sorority I think).
When I cheered we used just a regular group text but I think groupme is definitely a better option. Slack is awesome though! You can make different channels for like chit chat vs announcements. And parents could have their own channel plus it's less annoying for them because you only get a notification if you're tagged, so if it didn't relate to parents they wouldn't get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all star each individual team has a Group Me and there is a coach in each group. Each team
also has a Facebook page for both cheerleaders and parents. Important stuff comes out to parents through email.

HS Cheer is all Facebook. CP tried to get them to use Group Me this year, but Lord forbid they try something new! Ugh...

Cheerleaders and coaches are in a groupme.

Parents & cheerleaders (and basically anyone who wants to sign up for texts) are in a remind account. I like it because they can't respond. We just use it for immediate reminders and updates. Snow cancellations, competition day updates, etc.

Emails are our go to for major information.

Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are all tied together and they're just for pictures. No real information goes on our social media.

Remind101 is fantastic. Idk if it costs money, but it basically sends texts to everyone who registers their number with the team (you have to approve them I think). But yeah, the texts are automated so they can't respond.
Groupme is nice until you get someone with a phone that doesn't have the groupme app but still gets texts from it. We've run into that this season and instead of fun discussion among the parents it's turned into "try to say as little as possible".
My sorority uses groupme as a group chat and some basic update stuff and I swear it's where our bond grows the most. There's always funny ish going down in groupme, and our Facebook is used for official posts so they don't get lost. I've become a big fan of groupme this past year. I've also had groupme's for group project groups, different executive councils I've been on, and some clubs. It can really be used for anything. The best part about it is you can mute the conversations you don't want to listen to [emoji4]

My team uses iMessage for athletes only but we also have a Facebook group that has the coaches, athletes and parents on it and that is used for videos and added practices. Parents also sign up for emails and athletes and parents sign up for remind 101 so we are always informed about the things going on.

^^^^ yep group me for the kids but I am in a group me for an adult group for another purpose. The team moms use team snap for scheduling etc. Facebook group for larger informative posts
LOVE teamsnap! use it as the team mom for my kids soccer team. Wish I knew about it when we did cheer.

Yes! I'm an engineering ambassador for mizzou and this is what we use! I like how you don't get notifications about everything, but if something is important that everyone needs to know you can @everyone and then they do get it. I really like Slack and I wish more things I was involved with used it (like it would be super handy for my sorority I think).
When I cheered we used just a regular group text but I think groupme is definitely a better option. Slack is awesome though! You can make different channels for like chit chat vs announcements. And parents could have their own channel plus it's less annoying for them because you only get a notification if you're tagged, so if it didn't relate to parents they wouldn't get one.

Yes!!! My husband uses it for his company tons.. That's how he got me turned to it for my kids... Genius!

The youth girls use iMessage, the parent use team snap and regular group text messages. We also have a fb group for each team. I wish we utilized the fb group more. My phone wasn't getting texts for a few hours and when it finally did there were over 300 messages in the group text. The gym also uses email to communicate everything, from hair requirements, fundraisers and times for comps.

Back