OT Team Group Messages

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We use Facebook private groups, but someone always has to pass the information onto people without Facebook (me lol, my parent and I both don't have Facebook). So that gets annoying. As it is a junior and senior team (small gym probs when 2 teams is your gym) athletes and parents are both allowed to join.

For parents, I really wish the gym would stick to email for info and maybe remind101 for last minute info. Our gym does not seem to have a standard for sending out info and when it's posted on Facebook (which it often is), the important stuff gets lost under other posts and then comments cause an over-abundance of notifications. I unfollowed the group because it became overwhelming. My daughter is old enough to pass info on to me.

My daughter's teams use GroupMe.

Cp's all-star and school teams each use GroupMe. All-star has the coaches in it, school does not.
School and all-star email the parents.
All-star also has private parent Facebook groups for each team.

As @amy1k said, my daughter passes on important last minute info to me - like yesterday at the comp when the award times changed. The coaches feel the girls are old enough to tell us what needs to be worn, hair, etc. and I appreciate that. I'm sure they handle the younger teams differently.

We have a Facebook group and a Facebook chat for the kids. Also a private Instagram. When sending out e-mails we use SportAdmin (not an app, it's a website).

We have text groups for athletes and coaches, for coaches and parents and a noreply group where only coaches post important information and questions should be wrote in private messages. We have a Facebook group and send out information via email. But, surprise, there is always that one kid or that one parent who didn't get the info [emoji23]
Thank god i can proove they've got and read (at least opened) it with a tracking feature on the text app [emoji16]

Our gym doesn't use any form of messaging system and I'm kinda thankful. Dance studio does, but not for our team, again something I'm thankful for. I'm good with e-mails, though I know that isn't everyone's preference.

Latest posts

Back