Team Logo

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For the Logo below, is Red ehancing or distracting?

• Total voters
Mar 20, 2012
I have not been able to figure out how to add an image so I apologize for having to redirect ya'll to a link but I would like some imput on which design works better for the logo of the cheerleading team I am looking to start. The images on the the following link: Impact | Facebook

For those of you who have not seen my previous post I am looking to start a cheerleading team that focuses on raising awareness for mental health issues such as bullying and young adult suicides. I want a logo that represents both cheerleading as well as the purpose as best as possible. I feel the logo concept does that I simply would like to know from a cheer marketing standpoint.. does the red help or is it best in white. I have also considered the name version in white and the stand alone version in red. Any imput is always helpful. I do not mind if the responces are posted here or on my page above.

Thank you again everyone for all your imput, it is alwasy very helpful :)

Respectfully,

Memory

I'm not a fan of the heart that you used. I think if you used a heart that was completely filled in instead of the one you have that looks like scribbles it would look more professional. Is red going to be one of your team colors? If not then I wouldn't incorporate it into your logo.

I will definately try it with a solid heart, thanks :)
Red is not a color in our uniforms but was going to be incorpate in the colors for the outreach programs, our team colors are Blue, Silver, and Black; the Outreach colors are Red, Tan, and White and Brown. That is a good point though, perhaps white may be a best to not create a confusion?

I'm not a fan of the heart that you used. I think if you used a heart that was completely filled in instead of the one you have that looks like scribbles it would look more professional. Is red going to be one of your team colors? If not then I wouldn't incorporate it into your logo.

I added some images with the solid hearts, I think they might look cleaner and a bit more solid

I added some images with the solid hearts, I think they might look cleaner and a bit more solid
Looks much better with the solid heart! What font did you use for the word impact? I really like it and might want to use it on a t-shirt design in the future:)

Looks much better with the solid heart! What font did you use for the word impact? I really like it and might want to use it on a t-shirt design in the future:)

Thanks, I think it does too. I used: Segoe Script for "mpact" and Elephant for the "i".
That font would look great for a t-shirt design :)
Thanks again for the help :)

Thanks, I think it does too. I used: Segoe Script for "mpact" and Elephant for the "i".
Thanks! If you need anymore help just message me:)

I like the script and the solid red heart. Keep the scorp. It's unique : )

I may be alone in this but I love the one with the white heart, I know it's simple/plain, but I think it's really clean

I liked the ones with the white heart. The logo should be the one with the white heart and impact but on the uniform it should just be the I with the white heart!

White heart. Not sure about with or without the script, but I definitely like the white better.

I liked the ones with the white heart. The logo should be the one with the white heart and impact but on the uniform it should just be the I with the white heart!

This is an interesting concept. I never really thought about making the standalone logo symbol on the actual uniform.. will definately play aroudn with the idea :)

In design school we were taught a logo is not good if it won't work in strictly black and white. There are a lot of times you will have to print/use it in b&w only. If you have a red heart, it will appear as a solid black circle in b&w version. I prefer the white heart. I also like the idea of just using the i without the words. Its more of a branding. People will eventually come to recognize the i. I also think from a tshirt, uniform design stand point the i alone will look better since the i with words is off center.

Back