High School Team Punishments

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 27, 2015
How does your team do punishments? How severe are they and how strict are coaches? Seeing how it differs from allstar

Ours is fairly intense in my opinion.

Its called Penalty Conditioning.

Its by Coach Discression. If you're late, had attitude, didn't wear your practice gear etc. anything the Coach feels is appropriate.

The Coach then assigns that athlete a workout that is appropriate for the cause (if they forgot their bow, it was like 15 sit ups, if they were 20 mins late, it was 30 burpees, 20 sit ups and 4 laps)

While that athlete is doing their assigned workout, the rest of the team has to line up against the wall and hold either a plank or wall sit until said athlete is done. If someone came down from plank for example, the entire team would have to hold it for an extra 10 seconds.

This would continue until we were done the list. The team caught on QUICK and got their ship together ASAP. You did NOT want to be the person whose name was called out. Also coaches would do the plank / wall sit alongside the team as well.

Moral of it, one individuals actions effects the entire team.

Ours is fairly intense in my opinion.

Its called Penalty Conditioning.

Its by Coach Discression. If you're late, had attitude, didn't wear your practice gear etc. anything the Coach feels is appropriate.

The Coach then assigns that athlete a workout that is appropriate for the cause (if they forgot their bow, it was like 15 sit ups, if they were 20 mins late, it was 30 burpees, 20 sit ups and 4 laps)

While that athlete is doing their assigned workout, the rest of the team has to line up against the wall and hold either a plank or wall sit until said athlete is done. If someone came down from plank for example, the entire team would have to hold it for an extra 10 seconds.

This would continue until we were done the list. The team caught on QUICK and got their ship together ASAP. You did NOT want to be the person whose name was called out. Also coaches would do the plank / wall sit alongside the team as well.

Moral of it, one individuals actions effects the entire team.
hahahahaha love this! I'm generating ideas as we speak... my cheerleaders are going to hate me after this :)

I'm fairly strict. I have a three strikes progressive discipline policy

1st offense- informal meeting and email home. note in file.
2nd offense- meeting with admin, coach, advisor, parent, and cheerleader. note in file.
3rd offense- off the team.

In terms of practice punishments for goofing off while stunting, talking too much, etc... I figure if you have enough energy to mess around then we didn't condition hard enough that day... so we do more. Level varies on offense (i.e. dropping a flyer to the floor= running suicides and pushups, talking while im talking= situps while I re-explain what they missed while talking, etc...)

Back