High School Teammates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For the learning cheers thing, have a senior or a returning member videotape themselves doing all of your cheers. You could also distribute the cheers among a couple of returning members. Send the video to your squad and say learn these by a certain date. On that date, go over all the cheers to make sure everybody knows them. Make it clear that if people do not learn them there will be consequences. I know one year my coach called random cheers out and we did them, and she counted the mistakes for each person over the whole cheer list. If you had a certain number of mistakes you had to come to an extra practice to work on cheers. Between now and then, work on other things.

As for the seniors, I would talk to the coach. Also, if you are already having problems with the seniors, I would not invite the other girls to your house for a cheer workshop. This might only make your problem worse. Your coach can handle the problem with the seniors.

My CP's squad does the same exact thing. They videotape several veterans doing the cheers and chants and put in on the schools website for all to access. The coach will call out random chants and cheers and if someone messes up too much they are excused from the next game and pep rally. They are very serious about the squad knowing all the cheers, chants and dances.

Back