All-Star Teams With Illegal Elements Winning A Worlds Bid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I fully believe that if you perform an intentionally illegal skill the team should be disqualified from that competition. I think that legality judges should be in the warm up gyms monitoring, and giving teams a warning and the opportunity to substitute something different. If the team still performs that intentionally illegal skill on the floor, they are DQd.

An intentionally illegal skill is when a coach puts a skill into a routine despite the fact that the skill is illegal for that level/division. Sometimes performance mistakes happen that change a legal skill into an illegal one. If releases need to be braced, but the bracing stunt fell and the release goes anyway, that's not intentional.

UCA does this with competitions. (at least regionals). They have someone in the warm up room on the mat. They give warnings. They also let the legality judges know in advance to look out for it. And then they make the final decision

UCA does this with competitions. (at least regionals). They have someone in the warm up room on the mat. They give warnings. They also let the legality judges know in advance to look out for it. And then they make the final decision
Right....we do this at a local comp that my friend who owns a gym does every year, it's all staffed by UCAers-so that makes sense!

I wish all companies would do this!! and I agree they should at least do it when worlds bids are on the line!

Back