All-Star Tglc School Of Dance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 14, 2017
This should be their theme next year. It could be epic. The more I think about this theme, the more I want to see them do it.

So if you know how to contact them (email address is oddly difficult to find, I already tried) or are connected to them somehow, please pass this info on because I’d love to see those kids do some jazzercise/hip hop/swing choreo in yellow TGLC leg warmers. I am not even kidding. It almost feels irresponsible if we DON’T make sure they’re aware of this idea.

Not 100% what I was thinking BUT I DO LIKE THE NAMES ON THE FRONT.

More like a sleeveless black leo, maybe a shrug and a ballet skirt, and leg warmers for girls (or a uniform resembling as such). Something that reads “dance” but that can apply to any style (a la the Pussycat Dolls video for “Sway”). YOU KNOW once they Top Gun-ify that, it’ll be something completely different. If they can turn a school uniform into a cheer uniform (sorta), this should be a breeze.

Bonus: the leo covers up the midriff! WORKS ON TWO LEVELS.

Kristen use to be a dancer so I can see her choreographing that routine. I would really like them to do a Grease theme minus the uniform and bring back the grease bowling dance from 2007. That is my absolute favorite TGLC dance with 2016 a very close 2nd.

Things I think of when I was working out.

WC Shooting Stars.

Chicago.

Cell Block Tango in the elite.

Someone get Elaine on the phone.

Things I think of when I was working out.

WC Shooting Stars.

Chicago.

Cell Block Tango in the elite.

Someone get Elaine on the phone.

WCSS had Cell Block Tango in their music for their 2012 throwback-themed routine right after their elites.

@ 0:55

They danced to it in 2004. No video exists on YouTube of that routine (though it probably still exists somewhere on VHS at my parents house.)

ETA: I've always wanted WCSS to do a pyramid to "I Can Go The Distance" from Hercules but the new music copyright rules killed that dream :)

ETA #2: You know what mix I LOVEEEE to workout to at the gym is ICE Lightning 2011. They dance to Cell Block Tango and it's one of my all time favorite mixes.

Last edited:
WCSS had Cell Block Tango in their music for their 2012 throwback-themed routine right after their elites.

@ 0:55

They danced to it in 2004. No video exists on YouTube of that routine (though it probably still exists somewhere on VHS at my parents house.)

ETA: I've always wanted WCSS to do a pyramid to "I Can Go The Distance" from Hercules but the new music copyright rules killed that dream :)

ETA #2: You know what mix I LOVEEEE to workout to at the gym is ICE Lightning 2011. They dance to Cell Block Tango and it's one of my all time favorite mixes.

I completely forgot that was a throwback to all their old music. I would love to see senior elite do this one year in the future.

Do they have to have a theme? Personally, I am SO over themes. Especially if they use excessive props or whatever to "sell" their theme. The only recent theme I liked was F5's baseball routine from last year because the choreography told you it was a baseball theme without even using any props.

I don't even really care for Lady Gaga but listen THAT GAGA THEMED WCSS ROUTINE IS MY MOST RECENT FAVE.

Music rules KILLED ever being able to focus on a certain artist ever again though.

Unfortunate because I would love an F5 OR WCSS QUEEN BEE/BEYONCE THEME.

Aww they could have danced to formation. :cloud9:

I don't even really care for Lady Gaga but listen THAT GAGA THEMED WCSS ROUTINE IS MY MOST RECENT FAVE.

Music rules KILLED ever being able to focus on a certain artist ever again though.

Unfortunate because I would love an F5 OR WCSS QUEEN BEE/BEYONCE THEME.

Jersey Girls will always hold a special place for me because I'm obsessed with Jersey Boys as a Musical. I'd honestly die if someone decided to pull a Hamilton theme out though. Actually, where's Kristen and Victor's email - think I have a theme idea for Open Hip Hop.

Do they have to have a theme? Personally, I am SO over themes. Especially if they use excessive props or whatever to "sell" their theme. The only recent theme I liked was F5's baseball routine from last year because the choreography told you it was a baseball theme without even using any props.

I love themes so hard. To me it just denotes a whole other level of thought and energy put into the routine. Because it is NOT EASY coming up with theme ideas that are reasonable, appropriate, and creative all across the board.

It’s much more entertaining to me than the typical: “*DING DING* XYZ ALL-STARS *laser sound* *whip crack* SOMETHING ABOUT SHADE *gun click* *blow horn* SOMETHING SOMETHING FIERCE SOMETHING.”

Last edited:
THE SLIDE WHISTLE!!! Also the man grunt ("HOO-WA") that my dad insisted sounded like someone throwing up.

Also: cougar roar, fire alarm, ka-ching, Jock Jams, and "Who Let the Dogs Out" even if your mascot was a bird.

Midwest Cheer Elite did a Wicked themed routine for one of their teams. (and yes, one of the kids was painted green.
It's too bad about the music rules because a routine using music from the Spongebob musical would be really cute for a younger team.

Oh my goodness that actually would be! The mini team at my old gym had a Hannah Montana theme one year for pom. Seeing all of the diddy kids dressed up wigs and all was the sweetest thing on the planet.

Midwest Cheer Elite did a Wicked themed routine for one of their teams. (and yes, one of the kids was painted green.
It's too bad about the music rules, because a routine using music from the Spongebob musical would be really cute for a younger team.

I've seriously been waiting all season to see the video of this routine. Now that Summit is over it should be out somewhere right?!

Back