All-Star Thank You Cheer Coach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My coach cried when I finally did the skill I had been blocking on for three years. She was so happy for me and it made me feel so good knowing that someone actually cared and was proud of me. She was the only coach, besides my tumbling coach, that actually believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. She has been my coach since 8th grade and is no longer my coach because I'm going to college, but I'm pretty positive will still stay in touch. My mom ran into her mom the other day at the store (so random, and kind of a long story. They didn't know each other befor then lol) and she told my mom that my old coach just "thinks the world of her daughters" and she "just talks about us all the time" which was pretty cool to hear. I'm definitely going to miss having her as my coach this year :(

This is awesome: I have many end of the year gifts that are very special to me but one that one of my kids gave me in the 90's I still have hanging on my wall that I read every day! Here is what it says:

Though doubts were running through our heads,
You told us to believe.

When Our Strengths were appearing weak,
You said we could achieve.

When we became familiar with the feeling of defeat,
Like soldiers in an army, you never said, "retreat".

Through Trials and tribulations,
We told you our needs,
And thanks to your dedication,
We've all reached victory.

When things weren't looking up for us,
National Champions you said we'd be.

And so our fate was up to God,
But your love helped us succeed.

~Small Coed UCA National Champions~

Makes me teary eyed every time I read it after more than 13 years I have had it hanging up!

Your coaches love you all even though we correct you, yell at you, etc... we al know that you can achieve more than you know! So keep working hard kids and remember one thing... Our heart will always be there for you!

~Billy
Omg. That was amazing:)

So, the other day, my CP came home from practice with tears in her eyes. This happens. She is young and gets frustrated and sometimes get hurt. I try not to be too insensitive to her, which also happens sometimes.

But it wasn't anything bad. She was choked up because she'd had a moment where she knew in her heart of hearts that her coach had believed in her, and because of this she was able to perform a skill she had been blocked on.

It was an incredibly touching moment for me. Not only was she able to feel accomplished and proud and supported, but she was able to step out of her 12 year old angst and say "Mama, she believes in me."

It made me remember how important the coaches are in my CPS' lives, and how lucky I am, as a single parent especially, to have someone who cares about them be a part of who they are becoming.

All l I can say is that thanks are in order. It's a pretty incredible role to have someone play for your child!

I'm gonna thank my coach because without her i wouldn't have gotten as far as i am now because i getting spotted on my layout and i have my tuck and whip.:D

I love this thread! And you deserve all 100 shimmys you received for posting this thread.

I coach for those smiles, hugs, and, accomplishments. The paycheck is just a nice added bonus to me :) lol

It is so nice to have those parents and athletes that show their appreciation. Who ever your CP's coach is, is very very lucky. And you and your CP are very very lucky to have found a coach who believes in your CP.

And i am sure you will make the coaches heart melt a bit when you tell them that story :)

Back