The 2013 U.s. Finals - Rec

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 17, 2012
Hey everyone, what are y'alls plans for their end of season events? The U.S. Finals is about release some pretty cool additions to the 2013 events tomorrow!! Be on the look out! Let's just say champions are about to be RANKED & REWARDED ;)!

Well, I have to say I am disappointed to see teams that do not cheer for a sport in the Rec division yet again this year. Not just at the US finals events but all the qualifiers as well. Its clearly stated in the rules that you must cheer for a sport and not be affiliated with a school or all star program. Doesnt it raise a red flag when they have 'all stars' in their program name?
I think they should change the Rec format to 1:30 of music out of the 2:30 routine. It would make it less attractive to teams that only compete in the all star format and dont compete at say Pop Warner, AYF, etc where the format is 1:30 music/2:30 overall. It also makes it difficult for a rec team that competes locally with the normal format to have to change their routine to the all star format.
They also state "Competitive Rec Cheer Teams who do not cheer for a sport, or are affiliated with all star programs or schools, even if it is a half-year or introductory team, will need to register in the all-star, prep cheer or school division that best suits their ability level at The U.S. Finals. They are NOT considered Competitive Rec Cheer teams and cannot register in the Competitive Rec Cheer Divisions listed above for The U.S. Finals events."

Well, I have to say I am disappointed to see teams that do not cheer for a sport in the Rec division yet again this year. Not just at the US finals events but all the qualifiers as well. Its clearly stated in the rules that you must cheer for a sport and not be affiliated with a school or all star program. Doesnt it raise a red flag when they have 'all stars' in their program name?
I think they should change the Rec format to 1:30 of music out of the 2:30 routine. It would make it less attractive to teams that only compete in the all star format and dont compete at say Pop Warner, AYF, etc where the format is 1:30 music/2:30 overall. It also makes it difficult for a rec team that competes locally with the normal format to have to change their routine to the all star format.
They also state "Competitive Rec Cheer Teams who do not cheer for a sport, or are affiliated with all star programs or schools, even if it is a half-year or introductory team, will need to register in the all-star, prep cheer or school division that best suits their ability level at The U.S. Finals. They are NOT considered Competitive Rec Cheer teams and cannot register in the Competitive Rec Cheer Divisions listed above for The U.S. Finals events."

I agree as we are a true Rec team as well. No tryouts, cheer for sports and don't have our own gym. We truly have a hard time measuring up to the Rec-All Star teams

GA Xtreme (GXFYL) level 1 came home with the Rings.. the girls worked HARD for it... we do also cheer for football... our girls that are in the "All star team " come from all the teams in the leauge. We take anyone that wants to join... I fully understand your concerns.. but a true REC league WON!!!! Im not sure how much your team practice... but our girls were practicing at least 6 hours a week for level 1 and level two more then that I am sure... level 2 were required to do extra conditioning as well.... now its time to get some rest and get ready for foot ball season.......

While I do agree with your saying that it is unfair for those affiliated with an allstar program etc. to compete in the Rec division, I think that saying it raises a red flag to have allstar in the name is inaccurate. The way I have seen many rec programs work is that they have regular game/sideline teams and of those girls that participate they offer them the opportunity to compete...these girls are then referred to as "allstars" within that program. Many of these kids (and parents) don't even know what allstar cheerleading is! A name doesn't necessarily change the type of program that is participating.

AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

:shimmy:

Back