The Big British Teams Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

[quote="l. I just dont have the money :( boo ![/quote]
i did team scotland for 2 years and it cost me a BOMB!!!! i just stick to my own team now, the traveling to america etc is great but its becoming more achievable for actual teams with bids being given out to places like us finals which are all level competitions :)
im sure both of us will be back state side in no time

[quote="l. I just dont have the money :( boo !
i did team scotland for 2 years and it cost me a BOMB!!!! i just stick to my own team now, the traveling to america etc is great but its becoming more achievable for actual teams with bids being given out to places like us finals which are all level competitions :)
im sure both of us will be back state side in no time[/quote]

It honestly cost me an absolute fortune to go for one year (I still owe my parents A LOT).. dont know how you managed two years !! But its totally worth it ehh .. ? lol

Oh that would be my dream to go with my own team to America.. fingers crossed :) Good luck for the next season.

Whooops sorry that didnt work :( was trying to quote your last message but went abit wierd lol ... My bad !

Hey, im one of the coaches from Rising Stars :) any questions im willing to help you out. Basically just treat it like a training session. You just come show us your tumbles, join in the a stunting session so we can see what you can do and who you work well with. In the next couple of days we will be posting a dance and jumps sequence you will need to learn for tryouts. The jumps will include either adding on a bhs, standing tuck, or standing full on the end. (If you cant do any of them dont worry) We have coaches coming up from ICC to help us too, so it will be a great opportunity to get some experience too. Which team are you thinking of trying out for? coed or all girl? or both? :)

I love the dance...but I always want to do the whole 'walk like an egyptian thing' at the end. I think I lack the dance skills to master simple shoulder movements :confused:

@lj_xo
I was lucky i was working alot of hours at the time (gap year) but now that im in uni fulltime there is no way i could afford it!

I'd love for Rockstar to go out and compete, we were lucky enough to win paid bids for us finals... so maybe the juniors will go but its my last year of uni so my head will be in a book not on a cheer floor :(

What team are you from ?

Aw i LOVED your junior 2 routine at ACDC Nationals this year ! Was a pleasure to watch !

I'm in SLS Allstars :)

Thank you so much! im actually their coach, j2 is my team but this year im moving them to junior 3 so we will see how we get on lol!
SLS are doing amazing! You guys just seem to come back bigger and better each year in both cheer and dance! It was you guys who did the xfactor routine right? me and my sister thought it was so clever!!

@lj_xo
I was lucky i was working alot of hours at the time (gap year) but now that im in uni fulltime there is no way i could afford it!

I'd love for Rockstar to go out and compete, we were lucky enough to win paid bids for us finals... so maybe the juniors will go but its my last year of uni so my head will be in a book not on a cheer floor :(

What team are you from ?

I feel your pain...

Good luck to everyone trying out - I wish I lived nearer Rising Stars, I'd love to try out for their dance team.

I was on AV Hurricanes this year - as soon as my stupid frustrating hopelessly rubbish BHS is fixed, I'm definitely going to try out for AV Lightening - hopefully next year!

@leighhhhhhhhh, I think you are amazing btw - your libs in Raptors ... :jawdrop: ...they were INCREDIBLE every. single. time!

Good luck to everyone trying out - I wish I lived nearer Rising Stars, I'd love to try out for their dance team.

I was on AV Hurricanes this year - as soon as my stupid frustrating hopelessly rubbish BHS is fixed, I'm definitely going to try out for AV Lightening - hopefully next year!

@leighhhhhhhhh, I think you are amazing btw - your libs in Raptors ... :jawdrop: ...they were INCREDIBLE every. single. time!
AWW yr so sweet! Thank you! :cloud9: Good luck getting your back handspring!

Never been so happy I graduated. I managed to do my dissertation on cheerleading.
Final year is tough so I wish you the best
Thanks :) My degree is in film and journalism so I could maybe do my dissertation on cheerleading films...I wrote a paper on cheerleader stereotypes in film and tv last year lol.

Thanks :) My degree is in film and journalism so I could maybe do my dissertation on cheerleading films...I wrote a paper on cheerleader stereotypes in film and tv last year lol.
My course was similar so I did mine on how Cheerleading's representation in the media is affecting how people view it. It was easy doing it on something I'm passionate about so if you can defo try to fit it in, it will make it easier to spend nearly a year on.

Back