All-Star The Champions Cup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To be a brand new thing it has little to no information for the average person who might want to try this. I wonder who's in charge of it and if they'd be willing to come over here and answer questions for us.

Wasn't this posted like AGES ago?!? Someone mentioned they were doing this. There was a thread about it. I actually think someone from the board is involved with it, can't remember who.

It's supposed to be a super team from each state competing in New Orleans, don't know how they're going to do it: just allstar teams? HS teams who win their state championship? Both? Who decides the team? Who coaches it?

I'm friends with the person on facebook that created this, and I don't think it's shady at all (or at least he is not intending it to be shady-he is SUPER excited and passionate about it).
From what I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong) there will be a "super" team from each state that people can try out for. I know there are certain gyms in each state that have agreed to be "host gyms" and he is working to secure more. I am assuming that the teams will train in these host gyms and there will be a major competition at the end for each state to compete against each other.
I think the main focus is sportsmanship, and getting different gyms and different teams from each state to come together.
If done right, I think it could be a really great idea. It would be a big deal to even make the team for your state, and it would be a super fun competition without some of the pressures that are associated with worlds.... It reminds me of making the all star team for softball or something like that. It has a ton of potential!

I've looked into it a bit--
The only thing i'm wondering is, according to the Frequent questions that there will be a team for every age and level. (youth 1-5, junior 1-5, senior 1-5 and coed i believe) AND its by state, how are they going to get enough people?

I've looked into it a bit--
The only thing i'm wondering is, according to the Frequent questions that there will be a team for every age and level. (youth 1-5, junior 1-5, senior 1-5 and coed i believe) AND its by state, how are they going to get enough people?
I'm assuming that for each state they'll take the applicants who are chosen then make teams based off of that.. Similar to a regular gym's tryout.

They have extended the cutoff date for tryouts 4 times when will they let people know if this is going to happen like they say it is. Seems like the venue would require I large attendence to make it work and be cost effective, somewhere there has be a stopping point.

it may be the skeptic in me, but I saw the "extended deadline" as less a reaction to all their "many requests for an extension" and more a result of not having anyone send in videos in the first place. Great concept, but they should've started small and worked themselves into THE thing in cheer. I just don't see this being able to be pulled off for all ages, all levels, all divisions etc. in their first year.

On the upside, I do like seeing all the state uniforms. They're pretty awesome. I just don't think they'll have the people to fill them with.

Back