The Cheerleading Worlds-where Real Champions Are Made

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

E

Editor

Read Full Article...

TaylerANC-150x150.jpg
Over the weekend, thousands of cheerleaders came together to celebrate the end of the season at the Cheerleading Worlds. Considered to be the most prestigious event in the All Star Cheerleading community, Worlds hosted over 50 countries in the championship, and the sportsmanship demonstrated between the teams was fantastic.
One of my favorite moments of the weekend was watching the reactions during awards, especially the Small Senior Coed session. Brandon All Stars and the California All Stars were the final two teams remaining, and when 2nd place was announced, the entire Field House started chanting “Brandon!” Brandon All Stars graciously accepted their second place medals. When Brandon was called as the Worlds Silver Medalists, the California All Stars knew they had finally won Gold. However, when Brandon was called, California stayed on the ground and clapped for the second place team. They held all of their excitement in until their team name was called. I commend the California All Stars for executing a jaw dropping routine along with showing excellent sportsmanship.
Also, during the break on day 3 of competition, many teams in the small senior and Large Coed divisions got together and took pictures, sang, and danced while waiting for warm-ups to begin. When teams can come together and have that much fun before they compete against each other, it is a display of true sportsmanship
After this past weekend, I am proud to say that I am a part of this great industry. Whether it was athletes trading shirts, taking pictures with each other, or being respectful to other teams, the sportsmanship was top notch. Not only does our industry create great athletes, but great people. I look forward to seeing what the future holds!
-Tayler Easton

Back