OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
im curious to know if any of the judges from during the academy process and the final judges had heard of tate before. I wouldnt put her necessarily on the sophia lucia level before she caught her big break, but ive heard and seen tates' dances way before she ever went on SYTYCD.

I always laughed because the kids are all "OMG I'm so starstruck about this choreographer" when Tate has been working with Mandy and Travis for years.

There's also videos of Maddie Ziegler doing hip hop with Tahani in LA and it cracks me up because Tahani is miles ahead of Maddie... and yet Maddie gets to judge Tahani.

I always laughed because the kids are all "OMG I'm so starstruck about this choreographer" when Tate has been working with Mandy and Travis for years.

There's also videos of Maddie Ziegler doing hip hop with Tahani in LA and it cracks me up because Tahani is miles ahead of Maddie... and yet Maddie gets to judge Tahani.
Since I finally have a minute

Quoting myself for emphasis:

Sheadan and Tahani together a year ago:

Tate choreographed by Travis Wall:

Tate choreographed by Stacey Tookey:

Maddie looks silly in comparison to Tahani in that video. My jaw is like :jawdrop:

Right? Like would you really take any of her critiques of your hip hop technique seriously? I was honestly surprised SYTYCD didn't try to get the poster to hide those videos since they're from February I think. There was another one of them both that was even worse for Maddie, but I can no longer find it.

According to Abby's twitter the Lifetime production crew sent home the Mini team for good and she isn't very happy about it. They are also bringing back Cathy and four apples including Ava, Nicaya, Haley and one other---Tara maybe. Anyhow, Season 7 is a go and I still fail to see how as they don't even clear a million watchers a week anymore.

According to Abby's twitter the Lifetime production crew sent home the Mini team for good and she isn't very happy about it. They are also bringing back Cathy and four apples including Ava, Nicaya, Haley and one other---Tara maybe. Anyhow, Season 7 is a go and I still fail to see how as they don't even clear a million watchers a week anymore.

I noticed they got a new (black) girl named Camryn (flash back to Black Pansy). If they have her mother fighting with Doctor Holly I'm going to be so irritated because well.

And there's another new girl named Daviana

Has anyone heard officially why Jojo left? Was it the family stuff?

Also I don't think Maddie looks drastically bad in that video. It's evident she isn't a hip hop dancer, yes. She lacks swag and musicality, God yes. She shouldn't be critiquing Tahiani's hip hop, clearly yes.

But if she were away from Tahani and were next to like Brynn and Kendall, I'm sure people would be like "werq, slay...but not you Kendall...all that tension in your shoulders "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed they got a new (black) girl named Camryn (flash back to Black Pansy). If they have her mother fighting with Doctor Holly I'm going to be so irritated because well.

And there's another new girl named Daviana

Has anyone heard officially why Jojo left? Was it the family stuff?

Also I don't think Maddie looks drastically bad in that video. It's evident she isn't a hip hop dancer, yes. She lacks swag and musicality, God yes. She shouldn't be critiquing Tahiani's hip hop, clearly yes.

But if she were away from Tahani and were next to like Brynn and Kendall, I'm sure people would be like "werq, slay...but not you Kendall...all that tension in your shoulders "

They left during a pyramid taping, didn't attend the competition and never came back. Rumor was Jess clashed with Abby, but they haven't released an official statement as of yet.

They left during a pyramid taping, didn't attend the competition and never came back. Rumor was Jess clashed with Abby, but they haven't released an official statement as of yet.
What's weird about it is Jojo's still in LA and acts like on her YouTube channel she never left the show when that's clearly not the case.

Maddie is performing with Sia and four other dancers right now at The I Heart America" music festival in Vegas.

Last edited:
Ok...Titanium was one of the strangest but intense dance pieces, that I have ever seen performed in a while. Maddie and another dancer dressed with a giant Panda and Rabbit head on...and physically fought and reconciled on each other to go with the lyrics. It juxposition between the lyrics and what looks like two furries on stage was pretty disconcerting.

i'm just watching the newest episodes, and these moms.... i just can't get used to how awful they are, ridiculous

BUT what real dance studio would allow all the fighting, yelling and trash talking the kids, that the the moms do on this "reality" show?

So the latest episode where they brought up Kira's past got me googling. Nearly every mom has declared bankruptcy but more scandalously, one of the mini moms was busted for heroin possession :eek:

Next episode's group dance about suicide should be a beautiful piece. Their meaningful dances like Where Have All the Children Gone, The Last Text, Waiting Room, Amber Alert, etc. are always 1,000 times better than the cheesy, campy stuff.

Last edited:
BUT what real dance studio would allow all the fighting, yelling and trash talking the kids, that the the moms do on this "reality" show?

Thats what i was thinking. I mean Jil has a daughter on louisville ladybirds, so obviously that kid did dance and i assume at a different studio, i doubt she behaved that way there

Back