All-Star The Fix For International!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Ill give credit for this to Evan (but he was a bit like a fish with a bicycle... great idea but had no idea what to do with it ;) )

Based off the Small gym large gym awards here is how we can allow over half the US teams in international to go to finals. We treat international like Small Gym Large Gym. There is a small gym high point winner so there would be a small country high point winner. Over half the finalists would go to finals again, and when announcing who won everyone would be announced last through 2nd, then the small country high point winner and then the large country high point winner. You would then get a list of how everyone ended up.

you could give a gold globe to to the small country high point winners (so international teams could actually compete for something) we could all compete together AND it would feel like it was fair.

Anyone?

I'm all for it! There are clearly specifics as to what constitutes Small county (population, registered cheerleaders, land size, etc.) but if it's going to start working for the all star divisions here, I don't know why it wouldn't on an International perspective as well.

if you have 25 teams from yoru country attending worlds, you are a 'large country'. less than that you are a 'small country'

6 globes can go out in the division. 1-3 for large country, 1-3 for small country. all scores announced lowest to highest except the two high points are announced together.

international friends? are yall there? would you be up for this?

the top 50% of the Large Country goes to finals (just like normal divsiions)

the top 75% of the Small Country goes to finals.

This means if there are 3 or less teams from your country all go to finals, higher than that a few might not make finals.

If this were placed into effect, the scoresheet for IO5 Coed and All-Girl could be more balanced rather than attempting to provide countries outside of the U.S. some benefit by weighing building much more than any other category on the scoresheet. I do, however, believe that if the same split in countries was applied to IO6 Coed and All-Girl, the increased importance in building should remain the same because of the basis for level 6.

I'm sure King already had a meeting about this in Doral this summer, and now is secretely planning a takeover of the NACCC, and will use this as a platform. Get ready kids, it's going to be a fun rule change in 2013.

if you have 25 teams from yoru country attending worlds, you are a 'large country'. less than that you are a 'small country'

6 globes can go out in the division. 1-3 for large country, 1-3 for small country. all scores announced lowest to highest except the two high points are announced together.

REALLY LIKE.... best part is we still get to compete against the US which is what we all really want, and yet we are still awarded for the leaps and bounds we have to make in futile attempts to reach the top,

we get both recognition and realistic goals and achievements

how do we get this moved along? it's not a rule so worlds theoretically could enact this as early as 2011, more likely 2012 if we kick up enough fuss

Simple yet great! I agree this would help the scoresheets for IO5 Coed and All-Girl, it would provide what the U.S. wants as well as what the teams outside of the U.S. want. When can we start?!

Back