All-Star The Global League

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What makes you think this is a non-profit organization? Or are you saying non-profits can use this as a competition springboard?

It states on the website they are non profit
57ca70e4d7d34c52d0730ed4a80adba8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops, guess I should actually read everything LOL!

Me, before coffee.

Not to say everything non-profit is all good, but I would love to see the vision for all this grant money that is available to actually do what they want it to do. The sport leaders backing all these grants are hoping for more informal play. Kids to learn/play more than one sport, breaks between seasons, less overuse, less burnout, less emphasis on travel competition, etc. They're modeling it back to the day where baseball/kickball/football/basketball were played in fields/lots with teams consisting of kids from 5-18+ with some older kids/mom's/dad's coaching on the side. They are looking for the same concept, except now they are providing grant money for coach training. They realize some of the best players, in all sports, have come from poor communities that have less formalized training and play for fun, but now they are up against video games and the fear of outside play. It's a good concept, I hope it works.

we joked about level 5.0, and look where we are now.
(I did get a chuckle over imagining a team of athletes in their 30s trying back walkovers, though.)
You should have seen the shock on my face when I actually managed a back wards roll.. I think I will leave the walk over for a while ;)
I love the UK not having an age limit, wonder if that sort of thing would take off in other continents

I love the UK not having an age limit, wonder if that sort of thing would take off in other continents

It has it's positives and negatives. The "masters" division has really taken off these past few seasons with programs entering adult/parent teams against others, and we now also get a lot of university teams competing at "open" level at allstar competitions.
There also isn't an upper age restriction to compete on a senior team in the UK just now - although I feel this will change in the future once we can field competitive teams at the same age levels as in the US. Some programmes can do this already, but not most. The disadvantage of being 18+ on a senior team is that if you win a bid to Worlds or Summit in a senior age division then you won't be able to compete unless your team moves to international, which isn't always possible either because of the lower age limit. So yeah lots of positives and negatives.

Back