All-Star The Majors

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
The All girl teams were announced tonight.

Large senior: WCSS, F5, Orange, SR Elite, Panthers
Small senior: Generals, SSX, ICE LL
Medium Senior: Lady Jags, A Team, Peach

Was hoping they would include International Open Teams, but it's not happening.

Was hoping they would include International Open Teams, but it's not happening.

I dont think many international teams would do it since they are usually limited on competing for worlds bids. When I say limited, I mean like the college kids who cant afford to just travel to a competition with no chance of a worlds bid. If they could do this and also compete at Jamfest that weekend, hopefully they open it up to them.

I dont think many international teams would do it since they are usually limited on competing for worlds bids. When I say limited, I mean like the college kids who cant afford to just travel to a competition with no chance of a worlds bid. If they could do this and also compete at Jamfest that weekend, hopefully they open it up to them.

Yeah, but they had a few go to Cheer Alliance (very expensive Comp. in New York) last season when there were no Worlds bids offered. So, you never know.

Some from Cheer Alliance:
CHEERSPORT SHARKS GREAT WHITES, CHEER EXTREME COUGARS, CHEER ATHLETICS FIERCE KATZ, SPIRIX ATHLETICS, CHEER ATHLETICS SWOOSHCATS, CHEER ATHLETICS WILDCATS

Last edited:
It is usually a combination of placements throughout the previous season and sometimes prior to that as well coupled with previous year Worlds ranking. Majors made an annoucement a few days before the All-Girl Announcement that if a team declined their invitation they would invite the next team in line. So it is quite possible that Bombshells were invited and declined, which I would assume passed the invitation to Lady Jags. I am not connected to the Majors at all so this isnt anything I know just guessing how it could have worked. Peach won Majors last year so I would think that gets them an invite, A Team was the silver medalist and have had quite a few consecutive succesful seasons so that would get them the next invite, and Lady Jags being bronze last season would put them in line next if Bombshells declined.

It is usually a combination of placements throughout the previous season and sometimes prior to that as well coupled with previous year Worlds ranking. Majors made an annoucement a few days before the All-Girl Announcement that if a team declined their invitation they would invite the next team in line. So it is quite possible that Bombshells were invited and declined, which I would assume passed the invitation to Lady Jags. I am not connected to the Majors at all so this isnt anything I know just guessing how it could have worked. Peach won Majors last year so I would think that gets them an invite, A Team was the silver medalist and have had quite a few consecutive succesful seasons so that would get them the next invite, and Lady Jags being bronze last season would put them in line next if Bombshells declined.

I can't believe a team would decline going to the Majors. It's my daughter's favorite competition and I can see why. It's all about the athletes.

Congrats to Lady Lightning for making the Majors. After their awesome Worlds first I can't wait to see this years routine. ⚡⚡

Last edited:
I can't believe a team would decline going to the Majors. It's my daughter's favorite competition and I can see why. It's all about the athletes.

With the ever increasing costs of cheer, having my parents budgeting to fly to Indy and missing another two days of school since it's a Thurs/Fri thing, for a one-time performance with no real "reward" would not be a priority if I were a gym owner. I know the teams invited rarely have issues securing a paid bid and when you're at that level of cheer, oftentimes the experiences are more important than the "rewards," but I still would have reservations and I could easily see gyms turning it down.

Vizion 20/20 has turned it down to save their parents money and time missed from school.

Vizion 20/20 has turned it down to save their parents money and time missed from school.
The couple of times we went, it was one of our 8 comps (which includes Worlds) so it was less money than a 3 day weekend comp. We'd fly in on Thursday and leave after Meet and Greet Saturday morning. CP did mostly online HS her last two years, so missing school wasn't a big deal. I know some schools are really strict about attendance - ours just haven't been.

Back