All-Star The National 2015 (washington Dc) March 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MzLyn23

Cheer Parent
Sep 16, 2014
Anyone familiar with this competition?? Its hosted by Aloha Spirit Champs. Its a national comp that my CP's team is going to in March. I'm in NJ/NYC so I'm thinking about taking the train (amtrak) to DC because the hotel only offers 110 parking spots at $60 fee per day.... mind you the hotel has over 1500 rooms so i'm risking not find a parking spot.... My issue is obviously schedule for comp isn't out yet but not sure if they usually run on time or behind etc... I have to book the train ticket asap but don't know what time I should book the return, like how late and I can't wait to return monday because its March and the lovely state of NJ is testing the infamous PARCC test on students etc... Its just frustrating.... Anyone been to Aloha comps before???

Is it at the Gaylord National Harbor? If so, there are several parking garages not owned by the hotel in walking distance and much cheaper. Also, the Gaylord is not in DC but in Maryland and not that convenient to AMTRAK, but possible to get there.

Is it at the Gaylord National Harbor? If so, there are several parking garages not owned by the hotel in walking distance and much cheaper. Also, the Gaylord is not in DC but in Maryland and not that convenient to AMTRAK, but possible to get there.

No this one is literally in DC at the Washington Convention Center and our hotel is right next door so I get why they booked it for convenience but ugh the parking situation is killing me... I know Union Station is 15 mins from the hotel so I would cab it from train to hotel... My issue is I'm not sure whether to book the latest train or not....

Do seats really book up that quickly on that route? I've booked Amtrak NYC to Philly with less than a week notice, and I didn't have an issue reserving seats.

Do seats really book up that quickly on that route? I've booked Amtrak NYC to Philly with less than a week notice, and I didn't have an issue reserving seats.

not 100% sure... I guess I can check with Amtrak just to be sure.... I'm worried that I'll book a 6-7pm return and awards end up finishing later, etc...

Exactly, but the farther you get from typical commuter times, the cheaper the tickets and the less likely to sell out.

Do you have any kind of block schedule yet? I always count on awards running a bit late. If they're on time it's a bonus, but we once did a comp when the teams ran late, then awards were really late. It was nearly midnight till we got out of there.

No, no block... most of the parents are going on bus... thing is they reserved the bus and pick up is by the gym... I live 25-30 mins from the gym and we are not allowed to leave our cars at the gym over night for the weekend, so I would have to $40 to take a cab from my house to the gym with me, hubby, 5 yr old, and cp and her friend (which is our neighbor lol)... and the same back plus $64 for the bus...

Maybe I can reserve and hold seats until we get closer to comp date and then pay... Definitely going to call Amtrak today.... I tried to called Aloha the other day to see what they're expected attendance (team wise was so far)... to have an idea... I can try to estimate like oh if theres 100 teams and they start at blank time with no delays etc but couldn't get through... I'll try them again today just in case maybe then can be helpful....

Thanks everyone!!

Back