OT The New Movie Called "sisters" Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 4, 2015
I want to watch it but I cant because my parents say its inappropriate and that im gonna probably be the only boy there. If any of you seen it yet can you tell me if it is or not? I would appreciate it! (im 14, gonna be 15 in a few weeks)

I'm 22 and took my 20 year old sister to see it last night and it was hilarious, but I definitely wouldn't have taken her had she been 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a great movie , but definitely dirty comedy to the fullest! [emoji1]

My 15 year old cp saw it. Thought it was very funny. And I'm sure it there were some inappropriate parts but hey I'm the mom who took my then 10 year old to Mean Girls (I swear most of it went over her head and I really had no clue how inappropriate it was going to be!)

Saw it last night, It's hilarious but not kid appropriate.

ha, i saw plenty of movies that weren't ever age appropriate when i was young, i wanna say most of it went over my head if contained adult like jokes or comedy. I watched the movie "but im a cheerleader" when i was like 12, which is considered an NC-17 movie, lol. Didnt get it until i was much older and re watched it.

I have so much love for Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, but I was not impressed by any of the previews. Like I didn't think any of it seemed funny. I hardly ever go to movies, and given the choice when I went most recently I chose Star Wars [emoji18]
ETA several of my 20+ y/o friends said they felt a little uncomfortable watching it with their parents, if that's any indication of its appropriateness. (I just spelled that word right on the first try and when I do stuff like that I think it's too good to be true so I go back and double check it anyway [emoji23])

I think my dad is scared to go cause he'll be like the only man over the age of 60 watching it. and he said that its a movie mostly for girls and I'm like... "who said a boy couldn't go watch it? I watched Pitch Pefect... e_e"

Honestly, gender really shouldn't be a factor when deciding what movies to watch---this is 2015 after all. However, your claim is that you're 14/15 so I'd say no on the basis that it's a R rated movie and you're not old enough. Frankly, being told no should be enough of a reason for you to respect your parents decision even if you don't agree with it.

Honestly, gender really shouldn't be a factor when deciding what movies to watch---this is 2015 after all. However, your claim is that you're 14/15 so I'd say no on the basis that it's a R rated movie and you're not old enough. Frankly, being told no should be enough of a reason for you to respect your parents decision even if you don't agree with it.
It is 2016!

My sister is 14 and I advised my mom not to let her see it. There are much worse movies out there, but I don't think I would recommend that one of anyone under 16 or so.

Back