OT The New Movie Called "sisters" Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I went with my mom, her sister and my cousin. I'm 20 and my cousin is 21 and we even felt awkward laughing at some of the stuff with our moms right next to us.. Wait till your older, you'll enjoy it much more.

My 15 year old cp saw it. Thought it was very funny. And I'm sure it there were some inappropriate parts but hey I'm the mom who took my then 10 year old to Mean Girls (I swear most of it went over her head and I really had no clue how inappropriate it was going to be!)

I was a bit younger than ten when I first saw Mean Girls (DVD when it first came out, on my own on a trip to NC). I honestly didn't understand that movie till I was older. My parents were not the type to really control what we watched, and I've always been very mature for my age without being too mature.

When I was 15 I was completely uncensored: I could listen and watch anything within reason. I'm pretty sure me and my mom saw Bridesmaids when I was 16/15? I haven't seen Sisters but I imagine it's along the same lines.

I haven't seen it. I can only imagine it's like playing Cards Against Humanity with your parents.

@dat.jpp just wait. If you do end up going with your dad, you'll probably have a long, awkward car ride home that might involve interesting conversation. Worth the risk? Up to you.

I haven't seen it. I can only imagine it's like playing Cards Against Humanity with your parents.

@dat.jpp just wait. If you do end up going with your dad, you'll probably have a long, awkward car ride home that might involve interesting conversation. Worth the risk? Up to you.
Long awkward car ride home with my dad seeing the movie Grease the summer before 4th grade....

I was a bit younger than ten when I first saw Mean Girls (DVD when it first came out, on my own on a trip to NC). I honestly didn't understand that movie till I was older. My parents were not the type to really control what we watched, and I've always been very mature for my age without being too mature.

When I was 15 I was completely uncensored: I could listen and watch anything within reason. I'm pretty sure me and my mom saw Bridesmaids when I was 16/15? I haven't seen Sisters but I imagine it's along the same lines.
I kind of try to be the same way. They see what they want to see whether you want them to or not (at least I always did) and I prefer to have open communication with my kids. I never censored what they read either.

I just want to watch the movie, it looks pretty funny plus im not really into girls anyway :p
I that kind of boy that just likes sexual comedy shows/movies!

Long awkward car ride home with my dad seeing the movie Grease the summer before 4th grade....

I kind of try to be the same way. They see what they want to see whether you want them to or not (at least I always did) and I prefer to have open communication with my kids. I never censored what they read either.

Grease is another one that went over my head until I was older, and I saw it several times...I had a brother who was 3 years older so I think I got to watch a lot of things that others didn't.

This also goes a long way with maturity/behavior. We have seen the idea that the most protected kids are the craziest show itself over and over again. I was no way perfect, but now in college I probably make better choices than friends who didn't get out much in HS. And we can keep the conversations open. I saw both Ted movies with my parents and didn't feel uncomfortable at all lol

I went with my friend, we're both 22. I thought it was hilarious. I would like to think it would be inappropriate for a 14 year old. I know I saw age-inappropriate movies when I was 14, and like others have said, most of it went over my head till I rewatched the movies when I was older. But 14 year old me thought I was so cool for seeing the rated R movies!
I did, however, advise my mom to maybe skip this one (not her type of humor at all) and if she does see it, DO NOT take grandma with her.

It was funny, though some of it was kind of graphic. Overt sexual and drug references for sure. Interestingly enough, I didn't think that Tina or Amy were all that funny, but the supporting cast was fantastic. As a parent, it wasn't uncomfortable for me to see with my teenager, but I have found that censorship isn't very effective with my kids, so I am less sensitive about what I let them see.

The last time I played Cards Against Humanity with my parents and their friends, I was the judge and my mom submitted this card..
CXwhGYrWAAAShko.jpg:large

My boyfriend is black.

I just laughed so hard.

Side note,

Download evil apples! It's like a free cards against humanity you can play on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually have it! I made all my siblings download it over christmas and now we all play like once a week! It's a little less awkward since you don't have to actually hear your mom read some of the answers...

The last time I played Cards Against Humanity with my parents and their friends, I was the judge and my mom submitted this card..
CXwhGYrWAAAShko.jpg:large

My boyfriend is black.

We play Cards Against Humanities at Christmas and this year my 18 year old (ish) cousins and their friends played along. It was always interesting when my cousin's husband's mother would win some rounds...

A bunch of my friends and I played CAH with my best friends mom and she flat out dominated. It's funny because she is a church goin' kind of lady.

The worst/embarrassing movie I ever saw with an adult was when I went with two friends and their dad and saw Clerks 2 as a last minute spontaneous decision . It was not appropriate for 15 year olds. Like at all. Poor guy didn't know it was that bad.

Definitely not kid friendly. Absolutely hilarious though.

**CP's World Diet started today. Wonder what he can eat for $2/day**

Back