All-Star The One Finals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 14, 2012
Does anyone know what this new competition is, just saw it through cheermedia instagram account offering paid bids to it.
Sorry if this has been asked already.

Does anyone know what this new competition is, just saw it through cheermedia instagram account offering paid bids to it.
Sorry if this has been asked already.
I don't think that competition is new, unless there is another end of season competition called "The One". It's more similar to US Finals where there are multiple locations and then a virtual final to decide the overall winners.

The One is going into its 3rd season I believe. You have to earn a bid to go. The first year bids were only offered to 1st place teams. Last year, they opened it up to 1st-3rd. I am not sure which format it will be this season. The comp is held in multiple regional locations including Poconos, PA, Chicago, NOLA and Orlando I believe. Anyway, the regional champs then compete against each other in a virtual competition where a single winner is declared The One. Regional champions receive rings or jackets if I am not mistaking. We went yr 1 but did not accept the bid last season.

is this the comp that CEA attended concurrently with the Summit? if so, just another run of the mill, end-of-season comp. The winners get rings, but it didn't seem too special.

is this the comp that CEA attended concurrently with the Summit? if so, just another run of the mill, end-of-season comp. The winners get rings, but it didn't seem too special.

Yeah it is.

so its held around the same weekend of worlds and the summit, was it in florida last year?

Droplet attended The One in Orlando this past season with two of her teams. One had obtained a summit bid but did not go, the other did not.

Where do I begin? First of all, the summit is crazy enough and to add having to race across town to compete at another competition was kind of a nightmare. When we arrived at the competition, we were sharing a space with a MASSIVE body building competition/convention of some kind. Our competition floor was literally at the end of the building. You had to walk through the throngs of fitness competitors, arm wrestlers, and people peddling protein powders and whatnot just to get to the entrance of the comp. There was no other way in.

In Orlando there was only one other competitor in our one division (small youth 3) and none in the other (large youth 5). The other team was not terribly competitive (and we were not really world beaters either) and it made for a lackluster experience. The internet final thing was interesting I suppose.. Both teams won that (youth 5 was again uncontested) and we were sent some little jackets that were cute enough.

The rings we got for winning in FL were ridiculously poor quality. The smaller sizes had little stones in them that fell out before we got back to NC and the metal is not necessarily built to withstand the test of time. My 10 year old was thrilled to have them though. They look almost exactly like the worlds rings.

On the whole, if someone asked me to attend again, I might be inclined to lay down on the cheer floor and pitch a royal screaming fit. I am definitely not a fan.

Back