All-Star The Open Cheer & Dance Championship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

emo_wifey

Cheer Parent
Jul 13, 2015
Just saw this on the other FB. Thoughts?
46fbd53fe61c749c91db7a49c18fa1dd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It’s the same weekend as Summit and a week before D2. And it’s in Orlando. I can’t imagains it getting a lot of attention from bigger gyms or anyone who attending D2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year it was in March. I guess they are trying to be in Orlando the same weekend as Summit next year. Or they don't care about Summit and thought May was better. I remember looking at the comp schedule and there were very few teams there, a very small competition if I remember correctly.

It’s the same weekend as Summit and a week before D2. And it’s in Orlando. I can’t imagains it getting a lot of attention from bigger gyms or anyone who attending D2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't sure if it was the same weekend or not. I'm interested to see how it will go, but agree with you.

@all4sarah this isn't a new comp? The way Rockstar's post sounded I thought it was new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

A)I can't imagine it being very well attended due to it being the same weekend as Summit and just before D2 Summit
B)Can we see how many more people we can add to the area that weekend
C)What's the appeal if they can't give out bids (I know not all teams are going for bids)

A)I can't imagine it being very well attended due to it being the same weekend as Summit and just before D2 Summit
B)Can we see how many more people we can add to the area that weekend
C)What's the appeal if they can't give out bids (I know not all teams are going for bids)

The appeal for me would be Universal, but I’m hoping to have the funds to take my high school kids there this year while we are at NHSCC

Still waiting for a Seaworld competition...

High school nationals in the late 80’s, early 90’s

Last year it was in March. I guess they are trying to be in Orlando the same weekend as Summit next year. Or they don't care about Summit and thought May was better. I remember looking at the comp schedule and there were very few teams there, a very small competition if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure this is the comp that some teams we knew went to. And it was very sparsely attended. And by that I mean some divisions had 2 or maybe 3 teams. The families were very upset at the level of competition given that they spent all that $ to fly down, pay large registration fees and of course parents had to pay the entry fee to Universal.

I'm pretty sure this is the comp that some teams we knew went to. And it was very sparsely attended. And by that I mean some divisions had 2 or maybe 3 teams. The families were very upset at the level of competition given that they spent all that $ to fly down, pay large registration fees and of course parents had to pay the entry fee to Universal.
Are IEP's end-of-season competitions typically well attended? (The Title, The One Finals)

Idk but man that advertising is giving my wonderful Bring It On vibes and I'm screaming. I do notice it says open/international? Maybe it will target more lower age/division international teams that don't receive summit bids..

Are IEP's end-of-season competitions typically well attended? (The Title, The One Finals)

I think that either this year or last year some of the locations for The One had to close registration because the event got too big. I went for the first few seasons with my old gym and it wasn't HUGE but we always had enough competition to make it worth it. It definitely grew, but I know some of the bigger IEP's that gave out bids to The One are now Varsity and have to do Summit bids instead.

I think some programs would prefer to have a promised end of the year event instead of waiting on a bid. That way they can plan ahead more?

It depends on what location you attend and of course what division you enter. 2018 VA beach location of US Finals had 34 teams in the J2 D2 division.

Compare that to 2018 VA Beach location of "The One Finals" where they had 7 teams in their J2 division (not split D1/D2)

I had never heard of "The Title" until your post. Its not something that teams around here attend.

I think that either this year or last year some of the locations for The One had to close registration because the event got too big. I went for the first few seasons with my old gym and it wasn't HUGE but we always had enough competition to make it worth it. It definitely grew, but I know some of the bigger IEP's that gave out bids to The One are now Varsity and have to do Summit bids instead.
Reach the beach in MD is towards end of season and is also summit bids instead of US Finals. So it should be busier this year.

When CP did The One a couple of years ago, it was the same weekend as Summit and down in Orlando. It was pretty crowded. CPs division had 13 teams in it (the most we'd seen since Cheersport), J2 had over 20. Other divisions were smaller but it was a good amount of teams there. Had a couple of teams that actually did both Summit and The One.

I am not sure how it was this most recent year though - it was still in Orlando but it's changed venues every year.

Back