The Perfect Competition/Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kingston said:
i think the level thing at NCA just makes it so you cant use that many at once. so maybe limiting it to 3 a team would be fine.

Two or three a team vs. five per gym I think is acceptable. Even if they are crossing levels, 2 or 3 to a team is not going to be that big of an impact I don't think.

hiyoe6 said:
Judges, in my opinion, have WAY too much to worry about right now and making them distinguish between who is throwing what skill is too complicated. We might get there one day but right now I do not think its feasible.

I worked for a gym for 2 months that had 45 kids in the ENTIRE program but yet fielded 5 teams. I hate crossovers for reasons besides skills but until the USASF decides something abuot crossovers nothing will change. Competition companies are a business, first and foremost. They don't want teams to stop coming because they don't allowed crossovers. Crossovers bring in a lot of money.

Remember, this thread is about what we would LIKE to see. :) I realize it's something that isn't going to change anytime soon, but it's something I would like to see changed. However, I do believe if the judges were given HD video replay, this could be accomplished quite easily.

Oh Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a rude comment. I was simply just getting stressed out thinking about having to judge and count people and make sure its not the same person throwing another pass and I just had to let it out. haha

Although I will have to disagree with you and say that if a kid throws a tuck 3 times in a routine it should be counted. I think if they're level 3 and have one or two, or five people throwing tucks multiple times it would be obvious and their overall impression should reflect that. However I don't think they should just not be counted.

hiyoe6 -- I didn't take your statement as rude at all. I understood exactly where you were coming from. I guess I'm alone in my feelings on this issue, but I stand firm on my belief that multiple passes by one person shouldn't be counted in the total number of skills thrown. Maybe in the difficulty section, that's fine. But on the rubric that Jambrands uses, it shouldn't be.

You are not alone Mclovin :)

The perfect venue style for my taste is the Arena at NCA. I hate elevated stages with flat viewing floors. Cheersport has the perfect warm up. NCA and Cheersport have the best prizes :)))) Athletics has the best pictures.

hiyoe6 said:
I hate crossovers for reasons besides skills but until the USASF decides something abuot crossovers nothing will change. Competition companies are a business, first and foremost. They don't want teams to stop coming because they don't allowed crossovers. Crossovers bring in a lot of money.

This is why its not a USASF issue. It's an event producer issue.

course if it was a usasf standard rule then it wouldnt be an event producer issue.

Kingston said:
course if it was a usasf standard rule then it wouldnt be an event producer issue.

USASF doesn't operate in a vacuum.

Like if Stingrays has a standard rule that every family has to pay an extra $10,000 bonus to each coach of a Worlds winning team.

Parents would likely have say.

The whole consent of the governed thing.

but i dont understand what is the difference between the usasf limiting the age in certain divisions and limiting the number of crossovers?

i think only nationals would get the restrictions and they could be made to make sense. regionals and all the other small little ones can have as many crossovers as you like.

Kingston said:
but i dont understand what is the difference between the usasf limiting the age in certain divisions and limiting the number of crossovers?

i think only nationals would get the restrictions and they could be made to make sense. regionals and all the other small little ones can have as many crossovers as you like.

I agree King! The USASF has chosen what standards they want to place on the event producers as far as age divisions are concerned. Why can't they set the standard for crossovers?? Gyms would conform to the crossover standard just like they conformed to the age division standard. I don't see the difference???

The biggest difference I see is you still pay for crossovers at competition, not full price, but trust me it adds up. You didn't pay more when you were a "senior open" team. I get the agrument and like I previously stated, I think excessive crossovers are not good; however, I don't see a way to stop it without an internal revolt from event producers. If the USASF imposes rules that frankly take away revenue from production companies those companies will eventually form their own "board". I do not agree with excessive crossovers but neither side will be happy with either choice and I feel right now competition companies have a strong hold on this issue.

hiyoe6 said:
The biggest difference I see is you still pay for crossovers at competition, not full price, but trust me it adds up. You didn't pay more when you were a "senior open" team. I get the agrument and like I previously stated, I think excessive crossovers are not good; however, I don't see a way to stop it without an internal revolt from event producers. If the USASF imposes rules that frankly take away revenue from production companies those companies will eventually form their own "board". I do not agree with excessive crossovers but neither side will be happy with either choice and I feel right now competition companies have a strong hold on this issue.

Thus the reason I feel very strongly that our competitions should ALL be USASF competitions . . . local, regional, national, just like gymnastics. Of course that will NEVER happen, but one can always dream . . . :)

Kingston said:

I'm guessing it is going to have something to do with the USASF being ok with issuing mandates that wont infringe on someones profitability... I believe in the missions statement of the USASF somewhere it says something about increasing profitability, I could be wrong about that but I seem to remember hearing that... So setting standard rules and age restrictions (because technically a person of any age is eligible for SOME division) do not in any way limit the potential profitability of any cheer gym or event producer. Now for a gym that has 19 teams and 1 crossover it might not seem like an issue, but if you have a gym and half of your kids are paying fees for two teams (or more), an industry wide mandate on crossovers could really hurt if not ruin your business. I think it is obvious why most event producers don't want to limit the number of crossovers... What is the main reason people want to get rid of them??

I agree that the tumbling should be counted but not towards the numbers towards the percentage. Ex. if you have 20 members and you need 15 to throw a tuck to get in the max range then 15 DIFFERENT kids need to throw the skill not 14 and 1 kid twice. If you want the kid to throw something again towards your Overall score, then count it.

Back