OT " The Road To Summit " Novel

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oct 8, 2015
Hi! I am a new user here. I am not a cheerleader, but I love to write stories and novels about cheer. I am going to be attempting the NanoWriMo YWP program. I do not have high expectations, as I will still be in school and I only have about 14 days off of school because of Thanksgiving break. Anyways, I would love all input for my novel. I have a few questions posted below.
1. What is the weirdest, scariest, or funniest thing that has ever happened to your team/gym before a competition?
2. Has anyone ever quit or gotten injured very close to the competition?
3. What is Summit like, in your experience?
4. How early do you start preparing for this competition and what do you do to prepare?
5. When is the earliest/latest you have ever gotten a bid to Summit?
I will have more questions as I come up with them. Thank you all in advance for any input/help!

Having deja vu...yet again.
It's about me, isn't it? I changed my topic to something more personal that shouldn't be shared on the internet. I also really want to apologize for my novel posts.
OP- Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think this is the best place to gather information for your novel. It wasn't for me and it started my bad reputation on here.

I think it is fine to read all the threads to get information. I just wouldn't expect people to sit and answer multiple, lengthy questions.

IOW, don't expect people to do your work; you need to research.

I think it is fine to read all the threads to get information. I just wouldn't expect people to sit and answer multiple, lengthy questions.

Thank you. This is not my only source of information. I also came here expecting the worst( no one responding/ being banned for asking) and hoping for the best( getting a decent amount of positive input).

This is probably where I went wrong.

Hi! I am a new user here. I am not a cheerleader, but I love to write stories and novels about cheer. I am going to be attempting the NanoWriMo YWP program. I do not have high expectations, as I will still be in school and I only have about 14 days off of school because of Thanksgiving break. Anyways, I would love all input for my novel. I have a few questions posted below.
1. What is the weirdest, scariest, or funniest thing that has ever happened to your team/gym before a competition?
2. Has anyone ever quit or gotten injured very close to the competition?
3. What is Summit like, in your experience?
4. How early do you start preparing for this competition and what do you do to prepare?
5. When is the earliest/latest you have ever gotten a bid to Summit?
I will have more questions as I come up with them. Thank you all in advance for any input/help!
You get 14 days off from school for Thanksgiving break? My kids are super jealous.

**its just a just a jump to the left**

Why did you expect to be banned for asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I felt like people might find me annoying or may not approve of me posting here asking for information. I also felt like I might have been banned because I am not a cheerleader, coach, or parent of one.

Shoot, if we got banned for being annoying, there were only be about 3 people on the boards on any given day :D

Also, here is some unsolicited advice that I'm sure you've already heard from many teachers. Write about what you know. It will be much easier to put feeling and emotion in the story if you've experienced it.

Shoot, if we got banned for being annoying, there were only be about 3 people on the boards on any given day :D

Also, here is some unsolicited advice that I'm sure you've already heard from many teachers. Write about what you know. It will be much easier to put feeling and emotion in the story if you've experienced it.
Thank you. I am coming up with another topic now. I'm very sorry to have bothered you all.

Back