The Summit, More Cheerleaders, More Money.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is the "Summit" too much, for the parents, during a poor economy?

• Parents will adjust to the new goal, over time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 14, 2013
Is developing the "Summit" too much, for the parents, during a poor economy?
I do not know, but that one extra day at the hotel during the regular season, is sure to dissapear.
I believe, while the overall numbers of cheerleaders is increasing, the talent pool will contract, constrained by the increasing financial requirements of the sport.
As the price of cheering goes up, will the talent level begin to suffer?
Or has All Star Cheer always been for the slightly well off?

It's going to be incorportated into a gym's schedule like any other competition. Gyms know their clientele and I'm sure will plan their seasons accordingly. They may substitute this one for another big travel one they've done in the past if distance is a factor. Personally I think any sport for which you pay outside of school sports, not just cheer, can be considered too much for the parents during an economic downturn. And that "one day extra at the hotel during regular season"? Never been a fan of that, not for financial reasons but for missing school and work reasons.

Parents generally know the cost or the estimated cost going into the season, and can make a wise choice to stay or not to stay based on their individual financial situations. If the summit is too much or any big competition for that matter I'm very sure they can choose another gym with a more localized cheaper schedule.

Back