All-Star The Thread To Stop The Hijacking Of The Cea Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LOL. I am not exploding - You will not be banning me!:D

I agree with you on restricting the ability to do certain things. I believe that in many ways the industry is stuck in a previous generations mindset when it comes to some of these hot button issues. Crossovers were great to build a program up and allow the gym to field more than a couple of teams, but I dont believe anyone truly thought of the super mega gyms like a CEA, Cali or ACE that would have so many locations and how those rules once intended for the betterment have now become slightly detrimental to the sport.

We need a radical realignment from the top down, starting with our thinking. Even if it causes us to miss out on a few $$$ it will only be for a short term.

Sorry, my post is still over there and I look like the dummy that can't read the posts before me saying to shut up.
I swear I was in the middle of writing it when this thread was created, I swear! :)

StarshipTrooper

What do you feel defines a gym since you have been in this so long??

You once posted this to me..

So I opened the first CEA satellite gym in our small town about 45 miles from Kernersville in 2001. It kept about 75 to 100 kids participating at the lower levels, we did have a youth and junior level 4 team, but of those 75 kids, about 15 to the "cheer bug" and joined the higher level teams in Kernersville to compete more on a national level. Interestingly, the team that first won NCA in 2005, Junior Large All Girls had about 10 of these kids that were key members of that team the actually "found the Grail" and 5 of them were flyers. This from a town of 7 thousand.

When you owned or still may own, not really sure, did you have different tax id numbers and what is your feeling on this since it looks like franchise is here to stay. How far is to far to take this?? Say Cheer Express Montana has a awesome flyer, but Cheer Express NC needs her for Worlds team, mamma is just excited her daughter was asked, sends her to Worlds with the team??? SAME GYM?? I feel this needs to be established to grow as a sport. We have a lot holding us back!

IMO if the locations other than the HQ has been bought, then it should be considered the same gym. Same tax id. They can cross. If it is a franchise - you give us space, we will run it - then it is not the same gym Different ID. They can not cross.

The problem I see in this is many times the name is the drawing power. Having the gym be MEGA SUPER STAR WORLDS Finalist All Star gym will draw more people into that location than calling it a different name.

IMO if the locations other than the HQ has been bought, then it should be considered the same gym. Same tax id. They can cross. If it is a franchise - you give us space, we will run it - then it is not the same gym Different ID. They can not cross.

The problem I see in this is many times the name is the drawing power. Having the gym be MEGA SUPER STAR WORLDS Finalist All Star gym will draw more people into that location than calling it a different name.

My understanding with the Greenville gym is that it is a franchise location. Different owners, different business practices, tuition amounts, etc. I am guessing they have their own Tax ID since it is different owners who pooled their money to open the location. However, I do know of at least 1 athlete that was requested to go to the Raleigh gym and be on a team there as well.

And yes, the name is the drawing power, and it is utilized that way.

In response to StarshipTrooper I posted this in the previous thread at about the same time it got locked: I do have a huge issue with USASF, and in particular crossovers but I have no vote on the rules committee, so short of sending them emails with my input there is nothing I can do to help change the rules - if I am mistaken and can do more through USASF, please let me know. I can, however, join the vast majority in voicing my opinion on this board in hopes that USASF representatives will recognize major shortcomings in their rules. Regardless, I highly doubt USASF put the rule of no more than ten substitutions in place with the thought process of “hey– why don’t you have ten of your athletes who have already competed this season on teams that received a paid bid and will compete at Worlds on those teams and put them on a team that can’t get a bid on their own so that they can get a bid and then we will have some evaluations to fill the third of the team that can’t legally compete at Worlds because they are already competitng with another team. Is it legal what was done? As much as I hate it, yes it is. Is it ethical? I don’t think so, but you do – we can agree to disagee. Does it show a huge problem with the current rules? I absolutely think so. And one last thought – you seem to think it is only because it relates CEA that I am posting this. However, I have been vocal about other gyms who I don’t feel play within the intent of the rules. I happen to believe that when something is occurring that is detrimental to the sport regardless of whether it is “legal”, it may not be in the spirit in which the rule was created, and should be discussed to better the progression of our sport.

So if the owner of Twist & Shout and the owner of Stingrays decide to merge, can we share athletes for worlds even when our gyms are over a thousand miles apart???
of course you can. doesnt seem logical since its so far away and greenville is sort of a suburb of raleigh so thats probably why they share. But it would be ONE program so you can do whatever you want within your program ETA as long as it is legal

And I have a huge problem with that, too. While it would be a dream of mine for my CP and @Level5Mom's CP to compete at worlds together, that is just totally and completely wrong, on so many levels...

So if the owner of Twist & Shout and the owner of Stingrays decide to merge, can we share athletes for worlds even when our gyms are over a thousand miles apart???

Yes

I remember Courtney or someone from CEA explaining this whole multiple gyms a while ago. From what I remember her saying the smaller gyms (salem, sanford greenville, lake norman) all sort of "feed" into the larger gyms(kville raleigh). From my understanding the salem, sanford, gville, lake norman gyms dont have as strong level 5 teams as kville or raleigh or just dont have level 5 at all. The small gyms are however within a drivable distance either to kville or raleigh so once the athletes at the smaller gyms become level 5 athletes they are able to drive in and participate on one of those stronger level 5 teams. This also explains why kville has more level 5's then they do lower levels.

Back