All-Star The Thread To Stop The Hijacking Of The Cea Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I learned something too.
World bids: something programs are willing to do anything within the rubber boundaries of cheer-law to acquire, while at the same time loudly complaining that "anyone can get a bid".

You seem to be saying the same program is doing both these things. If you'll show me a specific example of your new knowledge, I'll show you one of mine.

You seem to be saying the same program is doing both these things. If you'll show me a specific example of your new knowledge, I'll show you one of mine.
Groan. You are going to make me spend one of my two lousy days off searching threads for vague terms like "too many bids" and then the associated poster/gym affiliations. OK. Challenge accepted. And when I find them you owe me a tall and frosty with a salted rim, the next time we meet up.

I like crossovers (to some extent). There, I said it. I would be the girl competing on as many teams as possible. When I was a dancer, I danced as many routines as my mother could afford (I probably drained her dry every year lol)..especially if one cheer team was all-girl and one was coed, or one was junior and the other senior, etc. (but only same level) I like having as many new things to try as possible. I would have been happy in the CEA model, being able to compete on junior elite and SE or CE. That being said, if you DID limit them, it wouldn't be the end of the world..

I do still disagree with mass crossovers going level to level and then some..

Groan. You are going to make me spend one of my two lousy days off searching threads for vague terms like "too many bids" and then the associated poster/gym affiliations. OK. Challenge accepted. And when I find them you owe me a tall and frosty with a salted rim, the next time we meet up.

Oh, we'll just share in private at some point. Don't waste vacation time!

It is just $650 for a full paid bid. This is used towards your worlds package. Which costs usually at least $500 just to stay there and compete, not including travel.

How I want this to work is by using the Athlete registration system. If the athlete isn't registered in the system at the time of the paid bid, they don't get anything. The EP then gives $650 towards each QUALIFYING member of the team. This would all be traceable with a well put together Athlete registration system. They could easily check who has a bid etc.

See, this is where i have to diasgree. Say that someone on CrapTastic's level 5 team got hurt a a week before worlds, and was unable to compete, then they would need a fill in because the person that got hurt was a big part of the routine and without her they would have to change to whole thing. Now, you have a fill in with the same skills as the girl who got injured, and she wouldn't be able to go just because she wasn't there at the time of the bid, and considering it is a week before worlds they wouldn't really be able to fully change the routine to cut that part out? thats not really fair.

I like crossovers (to some extent). There, I said it. I would be the girl competing on as many teams as possible. When I was a dancer, I danced as many routines as my mother could afford (I probably drained her dry every year lol)..especially if one cheer team was all-girl and one was coed, or one was junior and the other senior, etc. (but only same level) I like having as many new things to try as possible. I would have been happy in the CEA model, being able to compete on junior elite and SE or CE. That being said, if you DID limit them, it wouldn't be the end of the world..

I do still disagree with mass crossovers going level to level and then some..

The CEA Model definitely works for my kid. At event's where she will only compete once I always say "Wasn't that nice and less stressful just doing that 1 team?" Her answer......."No, I hate it. I'm bored. I want to be off with my friends warming up and competing" My friends have been known to call her the energizer bunny.....this might have something to do with it. LMAO

Per my husband...."I want her to be on as many teams as possibly allowed...ESPECIALLY the older she gets; the more I have to 'worry' about cheerleading means the less I have to worry about boys...come to think of it, does CEA plan to add a boarding school in the mix anytime in the near future?"

Great answer, I really have no dog in the franchise situation since I am a parent, but it is something newer that seems to be taking off. I was thinking you might have been one of the first to use this concept. So I was wanting to pick your brain on the subject! How big is to big to feel the warm fuzzy family atmosphere relationship with coaches, being a name not a number. This is something I would miss if we left our small gym.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?snbcrr

See, this is where i have to diasgree. Say that someone on CrapTastic's level 5 team got hurt a a week before worlds, and was unable to compete, then they would need a fill in because the person that got hurt was a big part of the routine and without her they would have to change to whole thing. Now, you have a fill in with the same skills as the girl who got injured, and she wouldn't be able to go just because she wasn't there at the time of the bid, and considering it is a week before worlds they wouldn't really be able to fully change the routine to cut that part out? thats not really fair.

Life's not fair. What happens if that same person gets hurt in warm up at worlds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life's not fair. What happens if that same person gets hurt in warm up at worlds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
then thats a different situation. Teams that work hard all season long shouldnt be punished for something that happens a week before worlds. Maybe their can be a rule saying the athlete who is replaced on the team may not compete on any other team at worlds. Meant to quote SmileyRyleigh post too but idk how to do that haha

The way I see it, the crossovers at CEA particularly do not bother me because of the amount of talent they have in their gym. If there were no crossovers allowed they probably wouldn' be taking 6 teams to worlds, they might be taking 4 teams to worlds instead. But regardless of crossovers, their teams would still be stacked. They would still take their best athletes fro Senior Elite, Coed Elite, and SSX in Raleigh.

So when I read of another coach saying their wins were marked with an asterisk, while I understand how someone could say that, when you think logically you have to realize that those wins probably would have still always happened because their teams that continually win would continue to be stacked with their strongest talent. While their other Worlds teams that are not winning as much would continue as their, "JV teams" as Courtney put it to build their skills before they would be ready for a stronger senior team at CEA. I have no affiliation with CEA so this is just my opinion as a spectator and fan for close to 10 years.

then thats a different situation. Teams that work hard all season long shouldnt be punished for something that happens a week before worlds. Maybe their can be a rule saying the athlete who is replaced on the team may not compete on any other team at worlds. Meant to quote SmileyRyleigh post too but idk how to do that haha

At each bid awarding competition, rosters could include 4 alternates. If the rostered alternates are used for the Worlds team, the bid money can carry over to them. If the gym chooses to use someone else, the bid money doesn't.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but I think a big question to ask is who exactly is being awarded the Worlds bid? Do the athletes win the bid, or does the gym win the bid- whose bid is it?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but I think a big question to ask is who exactly is being awarded the Worlds bid? Do the athletes win the bid, or does the gym win the bid- whose bid is it?

The bid is awarded to a team. That team may switch out a certain number of athletes. There are set rules as to how many athletes may be swapped out.

Back