High School Theme

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 11, 2014
does anyone else do a theme for their cheer season? Looking for some new ideas as I just started coaching a new program and we are literally starting from ground zero here.

You could male 'new beginnings' your theme. Or if something special has happened with your team, you can use that. For example (and this is a throwback LOL) Panthers got red bows after they accidentally started a series of lawn fires at their team mom's house.

You could male 'new beginnings' your theme. Or if something special has happened with your team, you can use that. For example (and this is a throwback LOL) Panthers got red bows after they accidentally started a series of lawn fires at their team mom's house.

Oh my gosh lol! I was thinking about something along the lines of new beginnings but didn't know if that would be to corny? I have over 30 kids trying out which is totally crazy to me as I'm coming from a TINY school where I had 16 kids.

Oh my gosh lol! I was thinking about something along the lines of new beginnings but didn't know if that would be to corny? I have over 30 kids trying out which is totally crazy to me as I'm coming from a TINY school where I had 16 kids.
There are so many ways you can play off of that theme! Beginning of an era, etc. In addition if there is a specific obstacle that your program has grown through, you can incorporate that as well. Also do some research and find colors and symbols that represent 'new beginnings' or 'genesis'.

Last edited:
There are so many ways you can play off of that theme! Beginning of an era, etc. In addition if there is a specific obstacle that your program has grown through, you can incorporate that as well. Also do some research and find colors and symbols that represent 'new beginnings' or 'genesis'.

I remember around my 7th grade year, our high school hired a new basketball coach named "Hatcher". The t-shirts they put out were "HATCH a new ERa." The school mascot was Eagles, and the design on the shirt had a very angry-appearing Eagle busting out of an egg.

Voice-overs:

(Mascots) are back with a new look
The style, class, skills, and heart
(School Name) got you shook

Its an era (pause) of domination, dedication, and new sensations.
(Pause)
First things first, all of our haters need to get in formation. (I had too :p)
We welcome you to the _____ NATION.

I remember around my 7th grade year, our high school hired a new basketball coach named "Hatcher". The t-shirts they put out were "HATCH a new ERa." The school mascot was Eagles, and the design on the shirt had a very angry-appearing Eagle busting out of an egg.
That's genius.

But reading about the eagle cracked me up because I've seen how some people will try to anthropomorphize certain animals that really shouldn't have that done to them because it looks weird. Works well for eagles, works horribly for, say, dolphins.

does anyone else do a theme for their cheer season? Looking for some new ideas as I just started coaching a new program and we are literally starting from ground zero here.
I think a beginning theme would be great to build your program on. The Addison Road song This Could be our Day popped into my head immediately. The lyrics start with "what we do here is just the beginning." Unfortunately new music rules prevent real songs, but you could use it as inspiration to build on!

I think a beginning theme would be great to build your program on. The Addison Road song This Could be our Day popped into my head immediately. The lyrics start with "what we do here is just the beginning." Unfortunately new music rules prevent real songs, but you could use it as inspiration to build on!

A coach after my own heart....love theme songs for the season. Our's last year was an ancient song...you'd never think you could get 36 current-generation teenagers to request to listen to Kenny Rogers...

A coach after my own heart....love theme songs for the season. Our's last year was an ancient song...you'd never think you could get 36 current-generation teenagers to request to listen to Kenny Rogers...
I'd never think you could get ME to listen to Kenny Rogers, much less teenagers! My childhood best friends dad is in the band. I couldn't name more than one song but sure had fun running around backstage lol.

Out of curiosity, what song was it?

Back