All-Star Themed Practices & Team Bonding Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 11, 2014
Hey everyone! With the new season now in full swing, my team and I are trying to brainstorm ideas for themed practises and team bonding activities. And I thought asking on here would be a good idea! Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Themes:
Hawaiian
Favorite Team (TopGun Shirt, CA bow ect; )
Winter
Country
Neon
Camo
Animals
Favorite Holidays
80's
Princess'
Tie-Die

Team Bonding:
Jump Street/Skyzone
Putt putt
Mini golf
Shopping
Dinner
Other teams showcases?
Lunch
Movie about cheer (bring it on, champions league)
Sleepover
Open gym
Sleepover at gym (like smoed sleepover)

theme
Disney Theme
blacklight
superheros
pink out

events
bowling
icecream
laser tag
churchcarnival/ state fair

Cholo practices/ thug practices!! Totally fun and legit and no one will be offended or anything! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And there's no way you'll make national news!

There is a video on my channel for practice wear ideas. Some of the ideas I presented were having the whole team buy black Soffe shorts and T-shirts/tanks and acid-washing them together for team bonding (and maybe tye-dyeing the bleach parts), a Bring It On themed practice (half the team wears red, black and white and the other half wears green, gold and orange, and you have conditioning contests), and stunt group holidays (one stunt group dresses for a Christmas theme, another for Halloween, another for the 4th of July, another for Valentines day, etc.).

One idea I didn't include in the video was making name tags for your backpacks.

Last edited:
Graffiti day!!! Everyone wears a plain white t-shirt to practice (they sell packs of them in the boys/men's section at any walmart or target) and brings a sharpie. Then everyone goes around and signs each others shirt! We did this one year and some people wrote nice things about that person on their shirt, others wrote little inside jokes. It was like a wearable yearbook for the season! Definitely my favorite themed practice we did that year.

Graffiti day!!! Everyone wears a plain white t-shirt to practice (they sell packs of them in the boys/men's section at any walmart or target) and brings a sharpie. Then everyone goes around and signs each others shirt! We did this one year and some people wrote nice things about that person on their shirt, others wrote little inside jokes. It was like a wearable yearbook for the season! Definitely my favorite themed practice we did that year.
Or you could use fabric spray.

To color the shirts. Colored fabric spray paint.

We just did sharpies because we were actually wearing the shirts and didnt have to wait for anything to dry. We spent the first 20-30 minutes signing everyones shirts and then wore them the rest of the practice.

Although a cool idea with fabric paint would be to maybe get a shirt printed with your gym logo, but it just be plain outlined in black, then get the paint to color in the logo however you want.

I remember one practice a few years back we all sat in a circle and we each had a piece of paper and a pen and the piece of paper had our names on it and we would pass the papers around and write something nice about that person. And sometimes we would just hang out as a team at practice instead of doing routines and that was a lot of fun

I remember one practice a few years back we all sat in a circle and we each had a piece of paper and a pen and the piece of paper had our names on it and we would pass the papers around and write something nice about that person. And sometimes we would just hang out as a team at practice instead of doing routines and that was a lot of fun
Love the paper idea! I'll definitely have to mention that to my coach :)

Love the paper idea! I'll definitely have to mention that to my coach :)
My old team did something called snaps where the coach gave us the name of a person and we would write a small positive paragraph to them annonomus and they were typed out put on bag tags and given to us at a meeting at the comp before warm ups it put everyone in such a good mind set

I love this.

Back