All-Star Themed Practices & Team Bonding Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cp's team's stunt groups coordinated their costumes tonight. Her group dressed as boys. It's good she has a brother.

Kinda similar to this we have had our teams take a piece of paper and write down why they do all stars. What is their personal reason for joining all stars...they are discouraged from writing "it's fun" on the paper and other comments like that. The girls then give us their papers, and we fold them up, mix them up and repass them out making sure no one has gotten their reason back. Each team member then reads the paper out loud, and they all discuss the reasons without giving up who wrote what reason. The girls then place the piece of paper in their shoe, and leave it there for the whole season. We explain to the team that when you are on a team, you are not only performing or practicing for yourself, but for your teammates. So by putting the piece of paper in your shoe you are symbolically taking on your teammates reason for cheering so it's not just about you anymore.

We don't do it every year or with every team, but we do it with teams that need a little extra boost for the season, either they need some help with motivation or coming together as a team, or just a reason to push for the season. We have from time to time asked the girls to pull their reasons out to remind themselves why they are in practice.

I wanted to come back to this post and let you know I've just started this for my team - we needed some motivation after a few drop outs. They won't know who's reason they have until the end of the season is the only change I've made, I've just collected the reasons over the weekend

Some of the responses have really helped show how much these people want it. I can't wait to give our reasons next week! Thank you for sharing this ❤️

Back