All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
Level 1- anyone older than minis using a back for knee stunts
Level 2- barrel rolls that barely leave the cradle
Level 3- Full up to prep, bounce extension.... everyone has them, enough already, you can do other things with a full twisting entry. And don't get me started on the full twisting tosses.. OVERKILL
Level 4- Switch-ups... they're just boring imo, and everyone uses them instead of working tocks
Level 5- Tick tocks... we get it, but it's not level 5
Level 6- sucking in general... if you can't even throw higher than level 3 partner stunts, you have no business attempting level 6 tosses and pyramids IMO

Add yours:)

Crappy scorpions that are grabbed from your wrist that's on your foot not the toe like you're supposed to.
Level 2- flyers leaning all on their backspots on one legged stunts...what happens to them when they're doing full extension one legged stunts? Learn not to rely all on your bases people!!

I'm over every single level 5 stunt transition landing in a stretch. I know a lot of teams have been doing tick tocks, ball ups, and full ups to scorps, but i'd love to see them kick it up instead of grabbing their foot and holding then pulling.
(Switch up stretch, tick tock stretch, full up stretch, ball up stretch.)

I don't like baskets that go all at the same time either. I like to see some visuals.
Same with stunt sequences. Change some stuff up like F5 and Shooting stars, where everyone is doing something, just not the same thing and not on the same counts.

Oh... and Waving... this is more High School, but i was at NJ states this weekend, and almost every team had choreographed waving in. Not cute.

I'm over every single level 5 stunt transition landing in a stretch. I know a lot of teams have been doing tick tocks, ball ups, and full ups to scorps, but i'd love to see them kick it up instead of grabbing their foot and holding then pulling.

I don't like baskets that go all at the same time either. I like to see some visuals.
Same with stunt sequences. Change some stuff up like F5 and Shooting stars, where everyone is doing something, just not the same thing and not on the same counts.

Oh... and Waving... this is more High School, but i was at NJ states this weekend, and almost every team had choreographed waving in. Not cute.

I second that!

Every level- Overly critical and judgmental people.

awwww play nice lol... It's not directed towards anyone! I always read these pet peeves and find at least a few that pertain to me or my team, but I know better not to take it personally. We all have our own opinions:)

Spice's routine has 17 waves in it for UCA.... should I have cut back?

Level 1- anyone older than minis using a back for knee stunts
Level 2- barrel rolls that barely leave the cradle
Level 3- Full up to prep, bounce extension.... everyone has them, enough already, you can do other things with a full twisting entry. And don't get me started on the full twisting tosses.. OVERKILL
Level 4- Switch-ups... they're just boring imo, and everyone uses them instead of working tocks
Level 5- Tick tocks... we get it, but it's not level 5
Level 6- sucking in general... if you can't even throw higher than level 3 partner stunts, you have no business attempting level 6 tosses and pyramids IMO

Add yours:)
I hate barrel rolls. Blach. To me, they never look good.

Over with teams not hitting both days. Unfortunately, I doubt that trend will end this season. :(

I think as long as we're all trying to push the envelope to out-difficulty everyone, this is going to be true. One of the most important things I learned at coaches training at my previous gym was how to tell the difference between taking a good risk and a bad risk with your routine choices. I still don't always have that right lol

Back