This Is My 3rd Post...with Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 12, 2013
Are these athletes governed by an amateur organization, like for instance the NCAA, or some of the other groups that oversee college athletics?

Thanks I had read that post earlier (before I posted) I know I'm a newbie about all of this cheer stuff, but I don't see or understand the inference of posting that I should read that thread...could you enlighten me through this thread or my email address which I believe you have available. Thanks

Thanks I had read that post earlier (before I posted) I know I'm a newbie about all of this cheer stuff, but I don't see or understand the inference of posting that I should read that thread...could you enlighten me through this thread or my email address which I believe you have available. Thanks

All star athletes are governed by the USASF. College cheer is not considered a sport and thus not governed by the NCAA. Some colleges do compete and will abide by the rules of the event producer like UCA or NCA.

Unless someone is an administrator on the board they won't have access to your email. Even moderators don't.

Since most of the long term people don't spend any time in the newbie section you are better off waiting till you have access to the regular board. Often questions will have already been addressed and, if not, then you'll have a wider viewing of your question.

The Fierce Board App! || If you're not on Fierce Board, I question your commitment.

I am only guessing but maybe the suggestion of reading the PLEASE READ thread was in reference to item #2

2. Before you ask a question or post your opinion, see if someone else already has.
Make sure to read the entire thread and use the search bar at the top of the boards. If in doubt, PM someone and they should be happy to help.

Sometimes topics have already been addressed/argued over and doing a quick search might find the info you are looking for.

Welcome to the boards.

I am only guessing but maybe the suggestion of reading the PLEASE READ thread was in reference to item #2

2. Before you ask a question or post your opinion, see if someone else already has.
Make sure to read the entire thread and use the search bar at the top of the boards. If in doubt, PM someone and they should be happy to help.

Sometimes topics have already been addressed/argued over and doing a quick search might find the info you are looking for.

Welcome to the boards.

Thanks Cheer Dad...I know that once I complete this quarantine I will be able to direct questions to those more likely to provide the information I am seeking...in the meantime I have to follow the 1,2,3 requirement. In a different reponse to one of my other questions you suggested talking to her coaches...my experience, with my son's recruitment in other sports, has been than often times coaches will have their own agenda that does not necessarily take into consideration the individual athlete. I have suggested that she talk to as many knowledgeable people as possible...she has two years before she will need to make a decision and I believe should use that time to visit as many campuses as she has time and resources for.
Thank you for your replies.

To my knowledge All Star coaches have nothing to gain with college recruiting. Though they may be friends with some coaches there is very little benefit or loyalty to either party. All star coaches are typically not looking for college positions and vice versa.

Another thing to keep in mind is are not always offered and when they are are typically not for very much. I think you can find a thread in the college section addressing this part.

beyond my edit time but want to add one more thing. I am sure you are already doing this but cannot stress this enough. Please look for a school that will fit her academically first and cheer second. Very little opportunity in cheer beyond college so give her chance to succeed academically first.

In a different thread you commented that you thought your nieces daughter cheered at Cheer Extreme. I would verify what gym and if it does happen to be Cheer Extreme here is, in my mind, the best response you could get regarding scoping out colleges.

Identify some colleges she is interested in academically and if they have a cheer squad then consult with the gym owners. If she is meant to cheer in college they will have the best experience to work off of as they have done this many times over. If there are questions regarding colleges that might be contacting her already then I would have them (niece and her daughter) go to the gym owners now for advice.

Good luck to her.

Back