All-Star Thoughts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
Citing needing more roster changes than permitted by USASF Maryland Twisters Reign have had to decline their #WSF Full Paid Bid.

Thoughts? Will the paid bid be passed down to someone else now or just disappear? Is the rule fair the way it is? Or does it need to allow more wiggle room/a percentage of replacement for larger teams?

Last edited:
Citing needing more roster changes than permitted by USASF Maryland Twisters Reign have had to decline their #WSF Full Paid Bid.

Thoughts? Will the paid bid be passed down to someone else now or just disappear? Is the rule fair the way it is? Or does it need to allow more wiggle room/a percentage of replacement for larger teams?

How many roster changes are permitted by USASF?

I could be wrong. I think 3 per team regardless of size. @luv2cheer92 is that right? If not, what are the rules?

In my opinion it is fair. Up until this season the summit had no rule in regards to replacing athletes. You could basically rebuild the entire team from when it was awarded the bid. Most gyms create teams that are strong from the beginning and compete that way throughout the entire season. Things do happen such as injuries and athletes leaving. I believe the guideline for replacing athletes is 5 for large teams and those athletes have to have been rostered on another team at the gym at some point in the season. I think it also allows for wildcard replacements for athletes that were not rostered at the gym. The question is why are they having to replace so many athletes....is it a crossover issue or injury. They do have the option of going to get another bid before worlds.

I don't think the rule needs to be changed. It is already loose enough that some gyms take full advantage of these #s knowing they can put kids on the floor to earn the bid who won't be able to also take the floor at Worlds due to cross competing.

ELIGIBLE ATHLETES, SUBSTITUTIONS & ALTERNATES

• A Maximum of 10 substitutions will be allowed per team for Large Division Teams
  • A Maximum of 8 substitutions will be allowed per team for Medium & International Open Division Teams
  • A Maximum of 6 substitutions will be allowed per team for Small Division Teams
  • Note: Each of these numbers do include the 3 "wild card" alternates that may be substituted. (described below)
A substitute must be a regular paid participant from another team at the same gym and must have competed "on the floor" with that team from that gym at the same event where the bid was awarded. All substitutes must meet the same eligibility requirements as the original team that was awarded a bid (i.e. age, etc).

Of the 6, 8 or 10 possible substitutes, one to three of those may be "Wild Card" alternates. "Wild Card" alternates are registered members of the same team's gym where the bid was received. Alternates do not have to be rostered or in attendance at the Worlds bid qualifying event where the bid was received.

They are allowed 8 alternates that competed with the gym at the same comp the bid was earned at. This number is based off size, 6 for small teams and 10 for large. Then each team can have 3 subs that were not on the floor with the gym when the team earned the bid, regardless of size.
It's all in the Worlds packet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's fair. I THINK, (as in not confirmed by a reliable source, just rumor) that the issue is that they want to bring in more than 3 lids new to the gym. That stinks for the kids who have been on the team all season if that's what they are doing!

Personally, I think it's fair. I can't wait to watch Reign and Cobalt this weekend. We have friends on both teams (as well as F5 and cells) It'll be a great comp.

I think it's fair as well. I can't wait to see a schedule to see who we will be able to watch.

It's fair. I THINK, (as in not confirmed by a reliable source, just rumor) that the issue is that they want to bring in more than 3 lids new to the gym. That stinks for the kids who have been on the team all season if that's what they are doing!

If this is true... those new kids must be phenomenal! I can't wait to see the video of their performance this week. They have such clean stunting and tumbling it's a joy to watch them!

Back