All-Star Thoughts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If this is true... those new kids must be phenomenal! I can't wait to see the video of their performance this week. They have such clean stunting and tumbling it's a joy to watch them!
Like I say, I really DON'T know, just a rumor from teens on twitter.

Like I say, I really DON'T know, just a rumor from teens on twitter.
But what else could it be? They must have more than 3 new athletes to the gym. That is the only reason for a new bid.
Hopefully they weren't attached to another program

But what else could it be? They must have more than 3 new athletes to the gym. That is the only reason for a new bid.
it doesn't necessarily mean they just added 3 new athletes for fun! its possible that athletes got hurt, and were replaced with people that were "retired". i'm really not sure what the situation was, i just wanna point out that its not always a malicious intent (not saying you were implying that)

another reason for a new bid is a division change. confident this isnt the issue here but still

They got their paid bid in December, that was almost 5 months ago. It's possible they've lost kids due to any number of reasons (injuries, quitting, etc) and now need to replace more than 3 athletes with people from outside the program. It doesn't necessarily mean they're booting kids off the team.

My team has lost two people due to injury and one to quitting and that's only since February, nevermind December.

And if they were attached to another program then that program will need to release them.

Last edited:
They got their paid bid in December, that was almost 5 months ago. It's possible they've lost kids due to any number of reasons (injuries, quitting, etc) and now need to replace more than 3 athletes with people from outside the program. It doesn't necessarily mean they're booting kids off the team.

My team has lost two people due to injury and one to quitting and that's only since February, nevermind December.

And if they were attached to another program then that program will need to release them.
The first year my CP went to Worlds (with a small program that had only one level 5 team)... During the final thoughts talk (in Orlando after they performed)... the coaches brought up that more than 40 kids had been a member of the team that season (and it was small coed!) Yes, it was a tumultuous year.

Oh, I'm sure people quit or were injured. I don't doubt that. I'm not being malicious at all.

The first year my CP went to Worlds (with a small program that had only one level 5 team)... During the final thoughts talk (in Orlando after they performed)... the coaches brought up that more than 40 kids had been a member of the team that season (and it was small coed!) Yes, it was a tumultuous year.

That's nuts!

I'm not even counting the people that quit our team from September -> February or that we had to replace for some reason. I don't want to even start counting those.

Been there (but with under 20 names floating around. More than 40 is crazy!) No fun but if an athlete isn't doing there job you can't blame the gym for wanting what's best for the team.

It's unfortunate we weren't able to keep the bid, however like several people mentioned we received it in December. Reign went to WSF solo, so we had no other Twister teams to pull from in case a situation occurred. Between quitters, injuries, and replacing athletes we were simply over the number. It's an added stress trying to earn another paid bid, but the kids are excited and up for the challenge.

It's unfortunate we weren't able to keep the bid, however like several people mentioned we received it in December. Reign went to WSF solo, so we had no other Twister teams to pull from in case a situation occurred. Between quitters, injuries, and replacing athletes we were simply over the number. It's an added stress trying to earn another paid bid, but the kids are excited and up for the challenge.
That is a bummer for the kids still on the team. I hope you guys are able to earn it again this weekend.

Best of luck this weekend. Get paid!!!

Rules are rules and I'd rather them decline then risk having their bid pulled. With that said, that is a lot of parent money being wasted, but without knowing the circumstances it may have been inevitable. I wish them luck.

So a gym is going out of business and is competing at their last comp this weekend, but the gym owner has already provided USASF athlete numbers to another gym in the area and the athletes from the closing gym have already tried out for summit teams at the "new" gym and have been tentatively placed on a summit roster before the season at their old gym is over. Thoughts?

Back