Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is my coach bullying me?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stop whining about it on a message board and have the guts to ask the head coach for a meeting involving the three of you and your parents. Then, leave the emotional garbage ("my whole team hates me." COME ON, in your message you said at least three times that your friend is the one telling you what's being said) out of the conversation. Speak without prejudiced assumptions about how you have PERCEIVED these events. Don't make accusations, explain how you feel things are going, and see what happens.

If you want to be part of the team, be part of the team. Be accountable. Show up to practice. Work hard. Know your material. It sounds like you don't want to cheer and are not putting in the time and effort that is expected from your coach.

Stop whining about it on a message board and have the guts to ask the head coach for a meeting involving the three of you and your parents. Then, leave the emotional garbage ("my whole team hates me." COME ON, in your message you said at least three times that your friend is the one telling you what's being said) out of the conversation. Speak without prejudiced assumptions about how you have PERCEIVED these events. Don't make accusations, explain how you feel things are going, and see what happens.

Can you ever be nice or do you just get off on being provocative?

okay i cheer for my high school and its my senior year, this is my third year. We started practice at the end of may and we have practice for 3 hours twice a week. Im just going tio skip through it but i think my coach has issues towards me and is bullying me. Keep in mind i have a job but i still make sure to make it to every event. okay so
1) we have a cheer fb and i liked a post of a cheer parent (yes a cheer parent) who simply commented bc she wanted to let the coaches know that her daughter had some events coming up. and i shouldnt have to explain why i liked it but i did because i agreed also that i had things coming up. At practice all the girls are gossiping about me liking the post and my coach (assistant coach is the one im having problems with) comes up and threatens my spot on the team for liking that post
2) i explained my reasoning very nicely but she still threatened my spot, then i asked a girl did she mention it to the whole team and she said no she only told 2 girls beforehand. RED FLAG, i feel its not her buisness as a coach to tell my buisness to other TEAMMATES, she didnt even tell the head coach about it
3) i couldnt attend a performance due to me taking a test and at that performance i was told during the perfomances she was gossiping with other teammates about me and why am i even on varsity if im not dedicated again why is she gossiping with teammates.
4) it was last week during practice we ran through a dance that was performed at the performance, mind you i wasnt there, i was already feeling unconfident i wasnt there but i didnt want to try. so that assistant coach was having a talk with another girl 15 feet away and during the dance she yells stop the music, and then she begins to call ONLY me out in an extremely rude manner, and begins humiliating me. and then we do it again and she stops the music screaming at me to sit out.. i felt really embarrased and it wasnt fair bc i was completely shaken up the 2nd time which caused me to mess up but i wasnt the only one.
5) at todays practice i get there and my friend tells me shes trying to put you on probation. AND ONCE AGAIN the whole team is talking about it. i asked my friend who said it and they told me it was the girl who she told my buisness too before. so i dont know why this coach keeps telling other teammates she wants to put me on probation but she wont tell me or my other coach.
6)mind you she wants me on probabtion for attitude but ive never ever ever had an attitude with her, only once when she called me out during that dance i turned to my other coach and said did i really mess up cause she was watching,and she even said no.
7) today at practice (im not gonna give the whole story unless you guys want more info) but i was sticking up for my teammates who were quiet and some girl started bullying me, cussing at me and being rude even trying to fight me (lol) the head coach was with us today and even she knows it wasnt my fault but i know they will tell my other coach and flip it like its my fault.
Its honestly not fair that im being bullied by my team and coach, everyong hates me now , but im not going to quit. im just not going to go to next practice, anyone have any advice about my evil coach and how to report her. She even goes out to lunch with that girl which is inappropriate, she still thinks shes in high school. OH what should i do about majority of the girls hating me and ganging up on me?

Having a meeting with the head coach and perhaps your parent being present is probably the best thing. Good luck.

okay i cheer for my high school and its my senior year, this is my third year. We started practice at the end of may and we have practice for 3 hours twice a week. Im just going tio skip through it but i think my coach has issues towards me and is bullying me. Keep in mind i have a job but i still make sure to make it to every event. okay so
1) we have a cheer fb and i liked a post of a cheer parent (yes a cheer parent) who simply commented bc she wanted to let the coaches know that her daughter had some events coming up. and i shouldnt have to explain why i liked it but i did because i agreed also that i had things coming up. At practice all the girls are gossiping about me liking the post and my coach (assistant coach is the one im having problems with) comes up and threatens my spot on the team for liking that post
2) i explained my reasoning very nicely but she still threatened my spot, then i asked a girl did she mention it to the whole team and she said no she only told 2 girls beforehand. RED FLAG, i feel its not her buisness as a coach to tell my buisness to other TEAMMATES, she didnt even tell the head coach about it
3) i couldnt attend a performance due to me taking a test and at that performance i was told during the perfomances she was gossiping with other teammates about me and why am i even on varsity if im not dedicated again why is she gossiping with teammates.
4) it was last week during practice we ran through a dance that was performed at the performance, mind you i wasnt there, i was already feeling unconfident i wasnt there but i didnt want to try. so that assistant coach was having a talk with another girl 15 feet away and during the dance she yells stop the music, and then she begins to call ONLY me out in an extremely rude manner, and begins humiliating me. and then we do it again and she stops the music screaming at me to sit out.. i felt really embarrased and it wasnt fair bc i was completely shaken up the 2nd time which caused me to mess up but i wasnt the only one.
5) at todays practice i get there and my friend tells me shes trying to put you on probation. AND ONCE AGAIN the whole team is talking about it. i asked my friend who said it and they told me it was the girl who she told my buisness too before. so i dont know why this coach keeps telling other teammates she wants to put me on probation but she wont tell me or my other coach.
6)mind you she wants me on probabtion for attitude but ive never ever ever had an attitude with her, only once when she called me out during that dance i turned to my other coach and said did i really mess up cause she was watching,and she even said no.
7) today at practice (im not gonna give the whole story unless you guys want more info) but i was sticking up for my teammates who were quiet and some girl started bullying me, cussing at me and being rude even trying to fight me (lol) the head coach was with us today and even she knows it wasnt my fault but i know they will tell my other coach and flip it like its my fault.
Its honestly not fair that im being bullied by my team and coach, everyong hates me now , but im not going to quit. im just not going to go to next practice, anyone have any advice about my evil coach and how to report her. She even goes out to lunch with that girl which is inappropriate, she still thinks shes in high school. OH what should i do about majority of the girls hating me and ganging up on me?
As a former coach, I bolded what was off putting to me in your original statement. You clearly state you are skipping practice. You clearly state you weren't trying when you went to practice.

I know that this may be frustrating to hear, but from this post, I can see why your coach may be upset with you. As a senior, she may want to see you step up on your squad and take a leadership position, but instead she is seeing you skip practices. What example does that set for the younger girls on your team?

As a fellow High School senior and as someone who has a coach who isnt the fondest of me, I just cant wrap my head around most of this. First, I honestly don't think that any coach would ever threaten a spot on the team for liking a post on Facebook, let alone one posted in the Cheer team's group page. Plus, if this is the assistant coach doing this it just adds to the improbability of it all because I would assume that he or she does not have the power to make that decision alone. At my school, our assistant coaches cant even change the uniform that we wear at games without approval from our head coach. Second, it is YOUR responsibility to remind the coaches of absences. If you told them three weeks ago, they might not remember that. Your coaches are people and have lives outside of cheer and dont have time to remember that Sally told them three weeks ago that she would be gone and susie wont be there on Thursday that she will be late because she has a doctor's appointment. If you miss practices or performances, it is on you to check with people about what happened and learn any changes. Third, the whole 'she said this' stuff is really immature and should be left in middle school. If you have issues with a coach talk to them, not who ever your friends are and if you have to bring in a parent with you.

Finally, I just truly dont think that your coach is bullying you. You missed practice and didnt know the material so you got punished. That's what happens. High Schoolers are petty, but that fact that your team mates are discussing what is going on is just what is going to happen if you are at our age. The last thing you want to do is skip practice. That is just immature and just because you have been on varsity the past three years does not mean anything.You are proving to your coach that you dont deserve your spot, and a girl who is working hard and not causing issues will be ready to step up and take it. You seem like you are trying to be the victim and I did this when I was having issues and since them I have put things into perspective and realized that you have to be mature about what is going on and that not everyone is going to love you and worship you. That's life.

As a former coach, I bolded what was off putting to me in your original statement. You clearly state you are skipping practice. You clearly state you weren't trying when you went to practice.

I know that this may be frustrating to hear, but from this post, I can see why your coach may be upset with you. As a senior, she may want to see you step up on your squad and take a leadership position, but instead she is seeing you skip practices. What example does that set for the younger girls on your team?
I'm not saying other parts of the OP aren't problems, but I do think that the first part you bolded was her saying she was going to skip through (i.e. Summarize and not give every detail) the story so we get the gist of it, not that she was skipping through practice. At least that's how it reads to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you ever be nice or do you just get off on being provocative?

Both...I'm nice when warranted, and I call out BS when warranted.

Let's go through some of the bullet points of her post:

1) This story is obviously missing some key elements and I'm calling total BS that the coach cared, or even noticed that she liked a post...UNLESS the post itself was egregious.

3) she "couldn't attend" a performance for a test. While I'm the first person to tell my kids that academics takes priority over athletics, but I doubt that the only day she could make up this test was the day of the performance.

4) she blatantly says she "didn't want to try." She also dodges the bullet by saying "I messed up, but I wasn't the only one." Who cares if you're not the only one. Own your mistakes and don't throw your teammates under the bus.

6) do I really have to point out the contradiction of "I've never ever ever ever had an attitude with her. Only once when....blah blah blah"

7) her proposed solution to the problem is to let her teammates down, again, and not go to the next practice.

8) she refers to her coach as "evil" and wants to report her, not try to talk to her and find a solution. There's NOTHING inappropriate about the coach going to lunch with another girl on the team.

This person is obviously entitled and is only giving half-truths in an effort to make herself out to be a victim. I'm 100% certain there is more to this story, so I'll call it out.

Back