All-Star Three Team Crossovers At The D2 Summit?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BusyCheerMama

Cheer Parent
Jan 20, 2017
So I know the new rule this year is that athletes can only compete on TWO teams at the D2 summit. We have heard that maybe this was being challenged and I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about that or if it looks like that's the deal and there is no way it will be changed?

So I know the new rule this year is that athletes can only compete on TWO teams at the D2 summit. We have heard that maybe this was being challenged and I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about that or if it looks like that's the deal and there is no way it will be changed?

Well according to the D2 Summit Travel Packet for the 2018 D2 summit (page 7) .

C. CROSSOVERS AND PERFORMANCE

ORDER

1) Crossovers at The D2 Summit:

1. An all star cheerleader is limited to crossing over to 2

(two) additional cheer teams from their gym during the

competition.

Well according to the D2 Summit Travel Packet for the 2018 D2 summit (page 7) .

C. CROSSOVERS AND PERFORMANCE

ORDER

1) Crossovers at The D2 Summit:

1. An all star cheerleader is limited to crossing over to 2

(two) additional cheer teams from their gym during the

competition.
Thanks! I know it says its this tears packet but the bottom of the pages show a 2015 date and there’s a note before even opening the packet that says only two total teams which is new in 2018. Ugh. We have several 3 teamers so were hoping it might change by some chance. Haha

Thanks! I know it says its this tears packet but the bottom of the pages show a 2015 date and there’s a note before even opening the packet that says only two total teams which is new in 2018. Ugh. We have several 3 teamers so were hoping it might change by some chance. Haha

Oh you are correct... on the first page of the website. :confused:

NEW for 2018

• NO athletes can compete at BOTH The Summit and The D2 Summit

• There will be a tie breaker in place for the 2018 season (See link above)

• D2 athletes can only compete on two teams TOTAL

• All competitive athletes in your gym count towards the status of your gym (Ex. Register and compete 120 athletes with USASF sanctioned events and have "30 additional athletes" that compete at non sanctioned events - this means that you have 150 competitive athletes in your GYMS program and you are not eligible to compete at the D2 Summit.

• Divisions with 30 or more teams will have additional teams advance to the next round(s)

Back