All-Star Tiny Level 1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Um let me clarify. I'm not a brand new coach at a brand new program. Far from it. I have 9 years of coaching experience. Our gym has been around for 13 seasons now I believe. I'm not new to the gym nor to cheer. I cheered 16 years myself including starting in the US and cheered for MD Twisters before moving to Canada.

So definitely not new by any means. I'm new to coaching a TINY team though. I coached mini once and it wasn't as challenging, even by half, as tiny is. I'm used to coaching senior teams.

I didn't take it as him comparing his gyms tiny team to mine. Stingrays is a very large program with I don't doubt way more people in their area than we have. Even in their very first year I'm sure they had less people than they do now. This is our first year having a tiny team and I'm sure the team will grow as other athletes siblings grow up being in the gym often and want to join. My tiny girls practice for 1 hour in the week and 1.5 hours on Sunday. Choreo was last weekend and this weekend and by the time their practice is the next day they're exhausted. No way could they practice much extra than that. They don't have the focus nor do I expect them to! Obviously my goal is for them to have fun but we also need to get things done and not mess around. If needed my tiny girls get a "time out" where they sit out at the front just like I would give an older athlete for not doing what they're supposed to be doing. Do I have high expectations, absolutely! But I also have to be realistic.

Please keep me updated!! You're team is going to be amazing!!! I can't wait to hear about their journey!! I gotta feeling when you look back at their progress you will be amazed. I'm excited for you good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please keep me updated!! You're team is going to be amazing!!! I can't wait to hear about their journey!! I gotta feeling when you look back at their progress you will be amazed. I'm excited for you good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will for sure! They always keep me entertained that's for sure! :) I'll do a video soon and post it maybe :)

Back