Tips To Keep Warm During Winter Training

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aussiekat

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 23, 2011
The gym we train at has really high ceilings, no insulation and gets super cold in winter. I have no temperature control whatsoever - I get hot really quickly and cold just as quickly. I like to train in crop tops because, as a flyer, I feel I'm more controlled and pull cleaner lines if every can see where I'm making mistakes. On the bottom I'm in soffees or some sort of shorty-shorts because leggings get too hot. When I'm not stunting, I'm stretching, which gets hard in winter when I get cold so quickly (even if I put on a tracksuit). I should add that I can have half hour to 45 minute breaks sometimes in a three hour training session because I've been injured and can't tumble at the moment. So, what do you guys do to keep warm during training in winter?

The gym we train at has really high ceilings, no insulation and gets super cold in winter. I have no temperature control whatsoever - I get hot really quickly and cold just as quickly. I like to train in crop tops because, as a flyer, I feel I'm more controlled and pull cleaner lines if every can see where I'm making mistakes. On the bottom I'm in soffees or some sort of shorty-shorts because leggings get too hot. When I'm not stunting, I'm stretching, which gets hard in winter when I get cold so quickly (even if I put on a tracksuit). I should add that I can have half hour to 45 minute breaks sometimes in a three hour training session because I've been injured and can't tumble at the moment. So, what do you guys do to keep warm during training in winter?

I would wear thin leggings that fell to just under me knees under soffe shorts at my old gym when it would be really cold. I also try and wear a long sleeve fitted t-shirt over a tank top. The workout is fine, but it's the downtime when you're fixing choreography or trying something new that your body cools down for. And then you have to do a heel stretch when your muscles are cold. It's the worst.

I would wear thin leggings that fell to just under me knees under soffe shorts at my old gym when it would be really cold. I also try and wear a long sleeve fitted t-shirt over a tank top. The workout is fine, but it's the downtime when you're fixing choreography or trying something new that your body cools down for. And then you have to do a heel stretch when your muscles are cold. It's the worst.
Feeling you in the heel stretch, but scorps are even worse when you've been huddling over to keep warm! Layers are a good idea but I end up leaving half my wardrobe around the gym in little piles. I wish someone would hurry up and start making cheetah glitter snuggies that are cheer appropriate.

Feeling you in the heel stretch, but scorps are even worse when you've been huddling over to keep warm! Layers are a good idea but I end up leaving half my wardrobe around the gym in little piles. I wish someone would hurry up and start making cheetah glitter snuggies that are cheer appropriate.

I wonder if it's worth investing in some good underarmour type clothing? Some sort of lightweight athletic clothing that's meant to be warm.

I mean, you COULD always bring a normal Snuggie.

Back