All-Star To Be Continued...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So...what is GoFundMe's % (that they skim off the top of donations) these days?
I do think there is an option not to “donate” that percentage but rather have your entire $ go to the fund, but you need to opt out. I’m not sure that the % is - maybe 15%?

Where we live, for about the past 10 years, the fundraising trend has been to flat out ask for money. No one sells wrapping paper, or candles, or anything. At one point they made kids jog laps to "earn" the money but not anymore. When this first started they forced the kids to take school time and fill out names and addresses for friends and family. Kids were really pressured to bring in at least 10 names/addresses. I was shocked at the percentage that companies took for administering the program, literally 40%. I imagine that percentage has gone down as other companies have joined the market.

I dont see how a Varsity/GoFundMe collaboration is any different? What am I missing?

We live in a large subdivision and I found fundraisers to be "I buy from your kids, you buy from mine" type of situation, so I'm not sure it really helped anyone out financially. Many parents aren't crazy about knocking on strangers doors, their kids collecting large amounts of cash, handing out their checking acct. numbers to a stranger or having their credit card swiped on someone's phone. Our family is 400 miles away, but this is something they would have given pretty generously to if given the chance, unlike shipping merchandise. It's an option.

On a side note, my friend just told me her daughter's comp cheer is $2000 at a school where reading proficiency is 42%, math proficiency is 47%, and the free lunch program is at 22%. What in the world? :(

the only fundraiser that I participate in is the Xmas wreath one. we set the prices usually $5 over price and we do very well on it. Most everyone buys those and they are great product!!!

We find more success from events and stuff WE put on... Camps, clinics, sponsorship shirts, etc... But I will always do a fundraiser that makes a lot of money and takes me 5 minutes of work, so I'll sell popcorn until the day I die. Those people have the fundraising thing figured out!

We are doing a flocking fundraiser and its been really successful so far.

People pay us $20 to put 25 plastic lawn flamingos on someone else's lawn for 1-2 nights. The person who has the flamingos on their lawn gets a paper they can fill out if they want to send the flamingos to someone else.

My parents were SO excited we weren't going to be selling anything this year.

People pay us $20 to put 25 plastic lawn flamingos on someone else's lawn for 1-2 nights. The person who has the flamingos on their lawn gets a paper they can fill out if they want to send the flamingos to someone else.

Local middle school does this and makes a small fortune

That’s such a fun, cute, easy idea!

Our high school does the same thing but with lawn signs with our mascot on them. It has been very successful, and it's easy and fun!

Is the person who gets the flamingos able to pay extra to keep said flamingos?
(I have a thing for tacky lawn ornaments, although I think my strata council would send some strongly worded letters if I kept a flock of plastic flamingos in my "yard"...)

That is the beauty of the fundraiser- once the final flock is retrieved from the last family, the teAm can hold an adoption event, and raise even more money!

I lived too far away from where the flock was happening, but I was able to give Freddy the fabulous flamingo a good home after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back