All-Star To Everyone In The Industry

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 17, 2010
To Everyone in the Industry,
Words can not describe how much sorrow I have over our precious sport at this time.
To the coaches and gym owners everywhere; we all remember what it felt like to be a part of an All-star team. The feeling of being on the floor, but more importantly what it was like to be at practice. After all isn't our entire life a practice run? Remember the things that cheerlea

ding taught you? I know at least for me; I learned much about who I was. Not only that, it strengthened me as a person. I learned how to overcome, how to win with honor, but more importantly HOW TO LOSE with graciousness.
There are many children out there that are looking for answers. They are searching on mentors that will guide them in the right direction though they will always be guided in the direction the mentor takes them. They are looking for true love; and though as much as a coach will love them ultimately a coach will fail from time to time. The only true love in life is our Savior as He will NEVER fail.
For many years I have seen the sport that we all love transform into darkness. There are in many ways still beautiful aspects of this sport and that is what we hold on to. But it seems that people of the world are attracted to the darkness. Why did such a beautiful sport have to turn into an episode of "Dance Moms"? What is so important to neglect teaching the future of our world what really matters (And that isn't just winning) I have to admit that I have been angry at this fact for a long time. I tried to fight the cause but there is only one answer. So...
"Lord, we step out in faith to you. We thank you for your Son who has paid our debt. We ask You to come back into our industry and take authority over it. We need you. Satan, I bind and cast you away from this kingdom. You have no authority here. You are required to listen, and we said GO!"
I challenge every coach and every gym owner to believe in the power of the Lord. Allow God into your heart to be renewed and welcome His love into your gym. -Amen

Written by: Allison Dunlap

I appreciate the effort, but I am going to close this before it gets bad. Whilst there is a lot of religion in cheer I am afraid you are opening yourself up to some unwanted criticism.

Back