OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you do go Greek, just make sure you keep an open mind about every sorority. At some schools, people let the reputation of a sorority decide which one they join, as opposed to choosing the one whose members they fit in with best. You'll have a lot more fun if you're spending time with a group of girls you enjoy!

OMG! I'm also kinda biased to KD because one of my old high school coaches was in KD at FSU and she said she absolutely loved it! I'm good at making friends but the only thing I'm worried about is potential hazing. Some may be fun but I'm not huge on anything too crazy.

I am a KD. I was rushed my freshman year at University of West Georgia. I loved it and I am glad I did it. (So hello to all my fellow KD Ladies out there)

I am a KD. I was rushed my freshman year at University of West Georgia. I loved it and I am glad I did it. (So hello to all my fellow KD Ladies out there)
I knew there was a KD on here I talked to when I first pledged!! We need a little fierceboard group of KD's on here haha. AOT to all the other KDs out there<3

I went to a smaller, private school in Northern NJ. Greek life existed but wasn't as big as it is at large schools, which meant there weren't too many options. I ended up rushing a sorority and quitting after just a few days of pledging. My experience wasn't a bad one, I just realized a few days in that the sorority wasn't the right fit and that I wasn't going to enjoy myself. I attribute that to the size of the school and the fact that there were only 3 sororities. The chances of finding a good fit are much less likely when you only have 3 options!

ok so ive pretty much decided i wanna go to Alabama for university. and ive decided i also wanna be in a sorority. has anyone gone through greek life at UA and have any advice? is everyone really as stuck up as they're perceived to be?

ok so ive pretty much decided i wanna go to Alabama for university. and ive decided i also wanna be in a sorority. has anyone gone through greek life at UA and have any advice? is everyone really as stuck up as they're perceived to be?
I have a friend going to Bama and I'm basically forcing her to rush. If you're not an incoming freshman, I can let you know how she likes it if/when she rushes. But I can't speak for Bama but in general, it depends on the chapter if they are 'stuck up' or not. Generally they are not but you never know.. you should be able to tell through recruitment though. My chapter personally goes into rush selling the idea that we're the 'real girls' while other chapters kind of amp up the stereotypical sorority kind of stuff unfortunately and on my campus those houses lean a little more towards appearing stuck up.

Delta Zeta at UNC Chapel Hill- loved it!! Great way to meet people and get involved! I loved the philanthropic aspect of it too. Just make sure you can afford it because it is really expensive. And find the house that fits you- not necessarily the most popular one! Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

AHHH!!! I'm a Delta Zeta too!!! Rowan University, Xi Kappa. The Chapter no longer exists though :(

Pledging was the best decision I made. At my school, you were allowed to rush first semester freshman year, but weren't allowed to pledge. I rushed both semesters first year, but pledged second semester. So many fun memories! Definitely go through the process and keep an open mind about all the organizations. You'll find a good fit. It is expensive, however I found it to be worth it. Good Luck!!

Back